Default Xbox Live - Connection Help

Alright guys, my first post here. I've recently bought an Xbox 360... yeah, it took me this long. But I had to finish paying off my car and a laptop so anyway, I have a 360. I've been using an Ethernet cable through my laptop and bridging the connections from my wireless router to get me onto Xbox live. Problem is, it's very inconsistent. Sometimes I can stay on for 2 hours without a problem. Other times, I get booted off in a couple minutes. This is always fixed by restarting my console, but it's an annoyance.

So, I've been thinking about buying a wireless adapter for the 360. I'd like all information you have about this. Does it provide a good connection? Do I have to change my router settings? Anyway, thanks for your help.

if your router is wireless then all the things you have to set up is the connection channel and password if you want want and i think you have to set that up in the adapter as well

have you tried resetting your current router to factory defaults? I had that problem before with my old router where it booted me off the net every other hour until i reset it

and what kind of a router do you have?
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

lol you can buy up to a 10 ft long internet cable.. does that help?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    if your router is wireless then all the things you have to set up is the connection channel and password if you want want and i think you have to set that up in the adapter as well

have you tried resetting your current router to factory defaults? I had that problem before with my old router where it booted me off the net every other hour until i reset it

and what kind of a router do you have?
    I have a Netgear router, and I did all the setting up before so I can access my administrator settings and whatever else I may need. I've heard that suggestion (resetting it) but it never really did much. Thanks for the help though. That should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    I have a Netgear router, and I did all the setting up before so I can access my administrator settings and whatever else I may need. I've heard that suggestion (resetting it) but it never really did much. Thanks for the help though. That should be enough.
    you said you heard of it but you never tried it lol well keep that in mind if you keep experiencing problems
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thread Information