View Poll Results: Link Between Video Games Violence and Real World Violence?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 12.50%
  • No

12 50.00%
  • Maybe

9 37.50%
  • Who Cares

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

We've had many threads on this as well; it is the adult's/caregiver's/parent's job to monitor and progress their child's mindset, and if that child equates or emulate video game violence to real life violence, the parents are the ones that will wind up paying the price in the end. Because once that cartridge or CD goes into the slot, the kids are the ones that are ultimately using that product; if they think that what is CGIed is what is in actuality, that is the parent's job, but also, the kid should be (if they are being schooled) able to differentiate reality with unreality. That's my 1 cent.

The Armageddon is near.

Quote Originally Posted by twigz View Post
    We've had many threads on this as well; it is the adult's/caregiver's/parent's job to monitor and progress their child's mindset, and if that child equates or emulate video game violence to real life violence, the parents are the ones that will wind up paying the price in the end. Because once that cartridge or CD goes into the slot, the kids are the ones that are ultimately using that product; if they think that what is CGIed is what is in actuality, that is the parent's job, but also, the kid should be (if they are being schooled) able to differentiate reality with unreality. That's my 1 cent.
    Much easier said than done, regulating and stuff.

Anyways, I think the truth is, there's a very minimal relationship. There's a big relationship in the earlier years (below 8 i'd say) because kids still can't tell the difference between what is real and what is fake. But once they get old enough, if somebody grew up on violence, sure they'll be less sensitive towards violence, but it won't make a huge difference in how they act. I mean, if a kid is sheltered his whole life, the first time he sees something really bloody and violent, he'll be utterly shocked and probably want to avoid violence.

....what do you think

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    Much easier said than done, regulating and stuff.

Anyways, I think the truth is, there's a very minimal relationship. There's a big relationship in the earlier years (below 8 i'd say) because kids still can't tell the difference between what is real and what is fake. But once they get old enough, if somebody grew up on violence, sure they'll be less sensitive towards violence, but it won't make a huge difference in how they act. I mean, if a kid is sheltered his whole life, the first time he sees something really bloody and violent, he'll be utterly shocked and probably want to avoid violence.

....what do you think
    I think someone growing up on violence will think it's acceptable to behave in such a manner.

And it goes back to the parents. If a kid is 8 and playing violent video game, who is letting him do that? I know he isn't buying the game himself.

I wouldn't let my child play one video game at least until he/she was 6 or 7; by then he/she would have enough common sense dug deep in his/her brain to know that what he/she is playing is beyond reality. Again, that's just me.

The Armageddon is near.

I wouldn't let my child play one video game at least until he/she was 6 or 7; by then he/she would have enough common sense dug deep in his/her brain to know that what he/she is playing is beyond reality. Again, that's just me.
    When I was little I played games like that.
    Athough they were more like games that helped develop skills like art and reading comprehension.
    I would definitely let my children do things of that nature.

Default society

people like to think its not their fault, it is easy to blame someone or in this case something else. Why people only look outside there four wall for the problem is beond me. i have play game since i was a child and watch aliens, nightmear on elm st when i was about 10, yet i have not killed anybody. parents or not its society and the inabiltety to see what in front of us. (sorry about the spelling)

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    people like to think its not their fault, it is easy to blame someone or in this case something else. Why people only look outside there four wall for the problem is beond me. i have play game since i was a child and watch aliens, nightmear on elm st when i was about 10, yet i have not killed anybody. parents or not its society and the inabiltety to see what in front of us. (sorry about the spelling)
    You're so right.
    People should just own up to the things they've done.
    Maybe then they could could start to work on the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rukisuto View Post
    You're so right.
    People should just own up to the things they've done.
    Maybe then they could could start to work on the problem.
    Agreed. Rather than playing "The Blame Game", and pointing the finger every which way, people should point that finger towards them and should own up their responsibilities as parents.

The Armageddon is near.

Agreed. Rather than playing "The Blame Game", and pointing the finger every which way, people should point that finger towards them and should own up their responsibilities as parents.
    But people in general are idiots.
    I know it's hard to own up to your mistakes, but people respect you for that.
    Especially if you try to change.

I mean, raising a kid is a bit different.
    It would be incredibly hard to change a child after he or she has been brought up in such a lifestyle.

i blame television and movies! lol

but i agree that people are idiots, some people just do stuff because it "feels" right - i never do anything unless I know it is right cuz i don't want to end up in prison right now, im too brainy for that!
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thread Information