Thread: Flatout 2 (PS2)

Default Flatout 2 (PS2)

I rented flatout 2 recently for the PS2, and here is my review on it. Give me a break, it's my first review

Firstly, you will notice it has great detail. You can actually wreck your car into oblivion, and the damage will show. If you wreck it bad enough, you can see your engine, radiator, and all that great detail. And if you get hit hard a bunch of times, you can even lose one of your tires! And the detail on that is awesome as well, as you can see your brake calipers. Like I said, great detail on this game.

One cool thing is, the other drivers will get revenge on you if you piss them off enough. If you ram into them hard, they will come back for you and try to get their revenge.

There are 3 classes: Derby, Street, and Race.

Another neat feature, if you crash hard enough, your driver will fly out the window There are mini-games where your objective is to hurl your driver out the window and get the highest score out of the other drivers. Theres games such as basketball, bowling, darts, and much more.

There are a vast amount of cars to buy, and with every car there are upgrades avaliable. I would of liked to see upgrades that you can see on your car, but that wasn't an option, it was mostly internal and such.

There are many different tracks to choose from, and every one of them is pretty fun. They range from dessert, to woods, to even the city. Theres also one in the dessert where you drive through an abandoned airplane graveyard.

There is an online option, but I tried it, and sadly, there was no one playing, so I don't know if anyone even plays online. It would be really awesome if people played it online though.

The action is amazing. Theres always cars running into each other, competing for the spot ahead of you. I found it was decently easy on some of the levels, but others I had to try a few times to get into the top 3.

Overall:

Graphics: 8/10 Really great graphics in my opinion. With cars actually looking wrecked, the the detail in the wrecked cars, it's just amazing to me.

Gameplay: 8/10 The tracks where pretty fun, and they even changed some up so that if you were on the same track you were before, they added a different space so that you didn't do the same thing again, which made it harder. Could of added some newer tracks as it got harder though.

Sound: 7/10 The engine sounds are realistic, and they even have some soundtracks for you to listen to. The soundtracks got repetitive though, and more of them would of made it better.

Fun: 8/10 This game will last you hours, and it never gets old

Overall Score: 8.3/10

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

i remember playing flat out before but dont know if it was this one or another version

crashing car hard enough to throw the driver out is awesome! lol, i'd probably do it for fun if im losing a race too badly lol

good first review i give it a 9/10 as a first review - thanks for contributing
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Nice review.

I'm actually thinking of looking into this game because of this review.
    Come check out my YouTube channel, all about gaming tips and tricks and walkthroughs and even reviews!
    YouTube - MrGamertip's Channel

Thanks, I tried my best

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

I got Ultimate Carnage for 360 earlier this year and loved it. It might look as good as Burnout but I thought it was more fun.

Thread Information