Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    see wtf? When I say it people start yelling at me. Ruki said religion and nothing happened. I think it's just because I am with it and you guys are against it.....
    check my last reply, i said it was just culture not religion and im not yelling at you!!!! lol - explanation mark is there because people seem to just look over my posts lately
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

My point wasn't that you were yelling at me, it was that you guys that are against only said it to me, because I'm with it.... Which is what normally happens, because most people are to hard headed to see it both ways

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    My point wasn't that you were yelling at me, it was that you guys that are against only said it to me, because I'm with it.... Which is what normally happens, because most people are to hard headed to see it both ways
    Raw is the only one that is really arguing with you, lol.
    I understand that people out there believe in arranged marriages, I just know I wouldn't want that for me.

Trunks don't get so personal lol.
    Ruki said that the MAN said that he was using culture and religion as an excuse.

no one's yelling.

But I think it is somewhat religion. The religion of that culture... ugh I don't know how to explain it? It's defiantly not religion and is all culture, but I can see the two being related?

And of course I'm sure these women are THRILLED to end up with some boring guy who is as exciting in bed as watching a snail excrete mucus.
    The facts are that this poor woman WAS forced into marriage, wasn't happy and wanted a divorce, and because of her family's culture, SHE HAD TO PAY FOR IT.

Also, if it's part of your culture and religion, STAY WHERE YOUR CULTURE IS. America isn't gonna be like "ohhh, your family's honor was at stake? oh well I can see where you're coming from. Here, have some brandy and we'll get you a nice hotel to stay in for the night. You poor thing."
    In America it will go like this: "You killed your daughter?" "yes but because of my culture!" "50 years in prison. Don't drop the soap."
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

I have to agree with yetcha. In America it's not how it works.

I'm sure that poor woman isn't the only person that feels that arranged marriage is bad. But most of the people that are in the arranged marriage probably feel a little mis-treated and don't like it. But they are probably afraid to confess that.
    Come check out my YouTube channel, all about gaming tips and tricks and walkthroughs and even reviews!
    YouTube - MrGamertip's Channel

Quote Originally Posted by YetchaGod View Post
    Trunks don't get so personal lol.
    Ruki said that the MAN said that he was using culture and religion as an excuse.

no one's yelling.

But I think it is somewhat religion. The religion of that culture... ugh I don't know how to explain it? It's defiantly not religion and is all culture, but I can see the two being related?

And of course I'm sure these women are THRILLED to end up with some boring guy who is as exciting in bed as watching a snail excrete mucus.
    The facts are that this poor woman WAS forced into marriage, wasn't happy and wanted a divorce, and because of her family's culture, SHE HAD TO PAY FOR IT.

Also, if it's part of your culture and religion, STAY WHERE YOUR CULTURE IS. America isn't gonna be like "ohhh, your family's honor was at stake? oh well I can see where you're coming from. Here, have some brandy and we'll get you a nice hotel to stay in for the night. You poor thing."
    In America it will go like this: "You killed your daughter?" "yes but because of my culture!" "50 years in prison. Don't drop the soap."
    I love how people repeat the same thing like 100 times....
    Anyway, I'm not saying that what he did was right. I said that arranged marriage isn't wrong... Get your story straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Raw! View Post
    I have to agree with yetcha. In America it's not how it works.

I'm sure that poor woman isn't the only person that feels that arranged marriage is bad. But most of the people that are in the arranged marriage probably feel a little mis-treated and don't like it. But they are probably afraid to confess that.
    You know this is true by how???

I respect your opinion that arranged marriage isn't wrong.

But tell me, how is being forced a good thing? The definition of forced is strained, unnatural, or affected, or required. It means against your own will, and last time I checked, I don't want to do something I'm forced to. If I want to do that, then I will willingly go and do it, but if it turns out someone has to force me to do it, then that definately means I don't want to do it. Arranged marriage? More like forced marriage.

However, on a side note, I respect your opinion of how arranged marriage is good, but I'm trying to throw my point out there so you guys can see it also, and not just take one side of the arguement and be completely biased.
    Come check out my YouTube channel, all about gaming tips and tricks and walkthroughs and even reviews!
    YouTube - MrGamertip's Channel

Lol I am not being biased. I wouldn't want to be forced into it either. It part of other peoples culture and you need to respect that, that's all I am saying.

Good sir! My story is most straight in all and any ways! Except for c's and o's.. and s's.

here goes a hundred and one! 8D

I never addressed your opinion on it being wrong. Besides... "And of course I'm sure these women are THRILLED to end up with some boring guy who is as exciting in bed as watching a snail excrete mucus." Which is a somewhat sarcastic statement and was not to be taken all that seriously.

Just because it's culture doesn't mean it's right. -shrugs- I see that it's their culture to have arranged marriages. Other places have the culture of HUMAN SACRIFICES 8DD (azn roast, anyone?) Will you not go and say "Well the person being sacrificed and screaming for their life obviously knows that this is his culture, and deep inside, knows that it's ok. So I will not condemn them for their acts."
    I was gonna mention woman in the east and showing skin and stuff, but I'm too lazy.
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

Yes, but? People are not killing them selves. You can't compare completely different things. I think its funny that you think gays should be married. You say you should let people do as they please. Did you ever think that maybe ladies don't mind it? I don't see how its hard to understand that. Why is it just girls? Guy's don't get to pick who they marry.... I don't feel like adding anymore, I'm tired of talking about this. I don't know much about it myself. All I know is that I respect other peoples cultures... I think you should too.

Thread Information