View Poll Results: Is global warming real?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 76.47%
  • No

1 5.88%
  • Not yet, in a few years maybe

2 11.76%
  • No, it is just a myth

0 0%
  • What's Global warming?

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

Default Global Warming

How many people think Global Warming is true.

I think it will happen, but not as fast or as bad as scientist say it will be.

global warming = warming of our globe - not the first time to happen but this is the first time that is being promoted by man-made materials and the burning of fossil fuels which put so much more carbon dioxide into the air in one year than would normally go up in 10 years or even a 100 years

melting of the polar ice caps on both poles also show that the globe is warming up and a huge landmass of ice in antarctica a few years ago disappeared in a matter of days because the temperatures there were unusually high.

the only reason you will hear scientists "say" that global warming isn't real yet is because of pressure from big companies and sometimes even the government.

Oil companies - they will say global warming is not real because people will buy more hybrid cars which requires less gas and that's bad for the oil companies. They pay off scientists to say global warming is just a "theory" just like the Tobacco companies paid off doctors to say "nicotine is not addictive" and then a few years later it was proved they were completely wrong and I am not sure but I think they were charged with perjury.

lol i can keep going since I've been discussing global warming since like the 8th grade and the facts just keep on adding on to my head. And we should add a poll

edit: hope you dont mind, i added a poll just to keep count a little easier
    Last edited by LiNuX; 07-07-2008 at 11:33 PM.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

A huge landmass disappeared sin a matter of days? I find that hard to believe.... It must of been like 90 degrees or something. The reason scietist "can't" say that global warming is true is because theirs no 100% proof of it. There's no way to be completely sure of nature. It's just like in the great movie "The happening" The kid said, No one can completely understand the course of which nature takes.

more people are saying its true than people saying its false and as time goes by the numbers changes in favor of "true"

and about a huge landmass disappearing is true - they had a whole special on it on the discovery channel and i remember one of my science professors bringing it up because he studied geology and the earth's climate then went towards physics

the temperature there was just over the melting point of ice and whole chunks of ice just started ripping off and melting into the ocean and ice just wouldn't break up unless some parts of it was melting and making it slippery

http://www.reuters.com/article/envir...BrandChannel=0
    i am not sure about that article but it talks about antarctica losing more ice in the past 10 years - didn't see it mention that place ( i skimmed through)

they called the location something - forgot, but it was a cool name lol

and the panic isn't about the earth warming up, its about the ice melting because the earth is warming up, if it all starts to melt and go away the sea levels would rise tens of meters if not hundreds and that is enough to destroy the coastal areas such as Florida, Louisiana, Coastal Africa, asia, europe, etc...
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

Remember, I believe in Global warming will happen, I just think scientists are making seem like a lot more than it is.

You said in the polar bear thread that the green house effect was the major cause in global warming.

Theirs also evidence that cosmic rays or the Sun's ultraviolet radiation was a major cause of it also. There isn't as much evidence of it as there is about the green house effect, because we can't get up close to the sun and study it.

ultraviolet radiation doesn't really have that much of an affect, just on people with the sunburns and most of it is filtered by the ozone layer of the planet and carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses eat up the ozone layer and allows more ultraviolet light which is harmful for the human skin

and the sun does give out heat, a lot of heat, but i am not certain if it is in ultraviolet light , but it does give out other forms of heat and the greenhouse gasses just traps the heat and lets the light go through and if too much heat is contained in the planet, that's the whole global warming issue

and the sun has nothing to do with the greenhouse gasses, we don't have to study the sun, its this planet that is warming up and threatening our livelihood

And a majority of the heat in this planet comes from the planet itself, the core, its the energy of the planet - it gives off heat and usually it'll fly out into space but the gasses slowing the process, keeping the heat inside the atmosphere longer and longer and as more heat comes and it gets hotter because less heat is able to leave the planet.

its almost 2 am and my brain is fried lol, i am not thinking as fast, will get to arguing tomorrow lol, i used to debate stuff in high school - not part of the debate team or anything but practicing to be a lawyer and you have to debate and so far from my experience, you have brought up some good arguments and facts, i applaud you for that

My brain works better at night....

You can't count out the ultraviolet rays isn't a major cause. If it can cause burns to the skin, of a 98 degree body. Then what can it do to the ice? It's true that the ozone layer blocks some of it out. Then again, the ozone layer is getting smaller and smaller. The temperature is getting hotter and hotter. That gives me signs that the ultraviolet rays are doing a major part in it.

As for the core heating the earth. I don't think that causes a lot of it. It doesn't help it any, but still. Cave's are always 63 degrees or w/e it is. Wouldn't that also get hotter if it was the inside of the earth heating it up?

ultraviolet lights can't eat up the ozone layer, greenhouse gasses destroys the ozone layer by taking over it

ozone layer lets both light and heat out keeping out some of the "toxins" if you will, from space - greenhouse gasses, lets light in and out, but lets far less heat out than the ozone layer - ultraviolet light isn't strong enough to do that to the ozone layer, not for another 3 billion years at least when the sun expands and becomes hotter

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    ultraviolet lights can't eat up the ozone layer, greenhouse gasses destroys the ozone layer by taking over it

ozone layer lets both light and heat out keeping out some of the "toxins" if you will, from space - greenhouse gasses, lets light in and out, but lets far less heat out than the ozone layer - ultraviolet light isn't strong enough to do that to the ozone layer, not for another 3 billion years at least when the sun expands and becomes hotter
    I was saying that the ultraviolet rays were melting the ice, not the ozone layer....

Earth is always going through warming periods, and this is no different, I just think that we contributed and are making it worse.
    PM me if you have any problems. Just don't annoy me out of my wits.

Thread Information