Thread: Civilization IV

Default Civilization IV

Well I recently got Civ4, and may I say, this game is so damn addicting. The person that made this game is a genius might I say.

But I have two questions.

After you are in war, is it possible to get your men that are warriors, chariots, longbowmen, etc. On a ship, ship them off to the city you want to target, unload them there and then go off to war against them? Is this possible?

2. I recently got a ship that could bombard a city's defenses. Does tihs mean I can head over to that city and go bomb it? Will it destroy it?

Oh and does anybody have a website that shows you tutorials and stuff about Civ4? Or some tips and tricks.

Thanks.

-Raw
    Come check out my YouTube channel, all about gaming tips and tricks and walkthroughs and even reviews!
    YouTube - MrGamertip's Channel

i am not a civ4 expert but I've played CivIII for like a total of 1000 hours over a summer and christmas break back in the day lol

as for transporting units - you can do that, there are some special ships that you have to make, i forgot what they are called but they are there. Just like aircraft carriers can host planes, these can hold land units.

and cities have health too and they are generally strong, you will have to attack a city a few times before you can destroy it or get it to surrender

i have the game - i still can't find my AoE III for some reason - i might start this up again just for memories.

and about tips and tricks - i never used one for Civ III but as you go on just read some of the help files in game - like they tell you what each unit does and stuff and slowly pick it up there
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

My dad brought this, I tried it but It annoyed me... I am a fan of Age of Empires Civilizations are just a bit boring for me
    Winner of 9 Sig of the Weeks | Member since April 8th 2007

I never really understood the difference between AoE and the Civ games. They're both pretty much the same damn thing aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
    I never really understood the difference between AoE and the Civ games. They're both pretty much the same damn thing aren't they?
    lol no they aren't there's big differences. Like how AOE has a story and Civi doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
    civilization is also turn based and their age system is a bit more advanced than AoE
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thread Information