Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Private servers suck. There is no action and no effort to be put on you can /level010293902830921 and bam and you can make your own weapons and all without doing a thing. So LIVE is ftw!!!!
    Fear The FearLess

i played on a priate server with lineage two before. it was awesome. so awesome that there were more people it seemed playing the pirates servers than actually playing lineage 2. there were about five or six of them. but when i went and paid for a month of lineage two on a regualr server there was no one on. i go to places and not a single person. maybe the occasional person but not many were on.

the real thing is too expensive for me, seeing as I dont play much.

It is illegal and you can get fined ALOt of money but nothing for playing on them. I do like to play on private severs sometimes just for fun.

Default Blah

Private servers IMO are pointless -- ive heard nothing good aboot them

I believe it is against Blizzard's Terms of Use Agreement to both create and play on private servers. You're essentially stealing their published product for free use. It's at least a form of internet piracy, and it's not advised that anyone who actually enjoys the game to take part in a private server. If linked to one, your account will be banned when found and you may receive a hefty fine that greatly outweighs the $15 monthly fee. The idea of playing on a private server because you've not the cash for WoW is the same as, "I don't seem to have enough money for this couch. I'll just take it home anyway..."

Private servers, from what's stated here and elsewhere, basically just let you hit the cap, get any gear you want, and have any statistics you want. Basically it's playing a game with your God Mode cheat active. A momentarily fun practice that will bore you to death fast. Live servers have the full support of Blizzard and a larger player base. Remember that just because you might not be caught, it's not exactly right to do it anyway.

Private servers suck balls -.- Not only do you get ZERO help with problems, but you also get a ton of bugs.

Its also just plain boring. You can do anything you want, anytime you want, anytime, anywhere. It gets incredibly boring and dull since nothing in the game holds any value when it comes to achieving something, such as a piece of gear.

And if you plan on making your own server? Bad idea dude, one guy got caught and had to pay thousands of dollars to Blizzard for it =S

If I were you, dude, go legit on this, dont go out and get sidetracked, cause regardless of the security steps you take, they'll always take 2 steps chasing you while you take 1 step running. You can get a head start, but they always catch you in the end, and the hammer falls hard.
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    Private servers suck balls -.- Not only do you get ZERO help with problems, but you also get a ton of bugs.

Its also just plain boring. You can do anything you want, anytime you want, anytime, anywhere. It gets incredibly boring and dull since nothing in the game holds any value when it comes to achieving something, such as a piece of gear.

And if you plan on making your own server? Bad idea dude, one guy got caught and had to pay thousands of dollars to Blizzard for it =S

If I were you, dude, go legit on this, dont go out and get sidetracked, cause regardless of the security steps you take, they'll always take 2 steps chasing you while you take 1 step running. You can get a head start, but they always catch you in the end, and the hammer falls hard.
    Agreed. The moment you go quantity over quality (i.e Pirated crap over a proper legal copy),
    you aint a gamer as far as im concerned. Regardless of what you are telling youself to justify it.
    True gamers support their developers.

Sig. by Psychotray

Quote Originally Posted by Exentenzed View Post
    Agreed. The moment you go quantity over quality (i.e Pirated crap over a proper legal copy),
    you aint a gamer as far as im concerned. Regardless of what you are telling youself to justify it.
    True gamers support their developers.

^^^A++++++++ On truth and righteousness right there!
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

Private servers are bad,bad,bad,bad,bad,bad and bad.

I dont need any further explanation.

Thread Information