Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    oh....maybe you're not doing it fast enough lol...confusing when 1 person says its fast and another says its slow lol
    I usually train alone. Very rarely will I be in a party that's not made up of a friend or two let alone people I don't know. So that's probably why it was slow for me.

I would have to disagree on Alliance =Good Horde = Bad trust me I love more horde then I do alliance, and Iam alliance !!! Think of it as which side would you rather be a hero of ?
    Fear The FearLess

Quote Originally Posted by Blackleo View Post
    I would have to disagree on Alliance =Good Horde = Bad trust me I love more horde then I do alliance, and Iam alliance !!! Think of it as which side would you rather be a hero of ?
    Well personally, in a game with 2 factions I think as one side good and one side as bad. The alliance seem to be the "good guys" to me. Hint ally? It doesn't effect what race I use in the game though. I normally pick the one that looks the best when I start.

Also, I didn't say Alliance are the good guys and the horde are the bad guys. I said You may call the Alliance the "good guys". Even if I did say that, it's an opinion anyway, if you disagree write your own review.

very fun game...too addicting tho

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Story Line - 6/10
    There's not much of a storyline into this game. They did attempt and it's in there if you look for it.
    Ok, have you even played the game? No, let me ask that again, did you ever take the time to read any of the quests, more importantly as you reached lvl 60 and then 70 and now 80??

The entire WoW experience is based off of the first 3 RTS titles, Warcraft I, II, III respectively. WoW is one giant game of stories and lore that if taken the time to read is an amazing story.

During the time that I actually played WoW (which ended just a few months ago due to RL time constraints) I went through and read most of the books that coenside with the games and it's easily one of the best fantasy stories I've ever read.

Your 6/10 rating for the story line is VERY "slap-in-the-face" to Blizzard and the stand-alone writers who worked on the multitude of story lines in the series.

10/10 Review. Rep given.
    I play it time to time. WOW seems to be ok but I think runescape fits me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    10/10 Review. Rep given.
    I play it time to time. WOW seems to be ok but I think runescape fits me.
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
    Ok, have you even played the game? No, let me ask that again, did you ever take the time to read any of the quests, more importantly as you reached lvl 60 and then 70 and now 80??

The entire WoW experience is based off of the first 3 RTS titles, Warcraft I, II, III respectively. WoW is one giant game of stories and lore that if taken the time to read is an amazing story.

During the time that I actually played WoW (which ended just a few months ago due to RL time constraints) I went through and read most of the books that coenside with the games and it's easily one of the best fantasy stories I've ever read.

Your 6/10 rating for the story line is VERY "slap-in-the-face" to Blizzard and the stand-alone writers who worked on the multitude of story lines in the series.
    I quit WoW awhile back ago. Before the 2nd expansion came out. Well first of all, I said nothing about the books. Second of all, I said nothing about Warcraft 1,2 or 3. Since you played the game for such a long time... The story line IN THE GAME that go with the quest don't link together at all. Most of them are like;

Go save my wife, she went fishing over my the pond and hasn't come back for awhile. Can you help me find her?

Or the occasionally

This machine broke down and I need parts to fix it. I need 15 bolts and all 3 pieces of the blue prints that I lost somewhere in the cave to the east

Honestly... I'm not sure what game you were playing. There is no main quest in the game. None of them continue farther than 3 or 4 quest. Every quest in WoW is a side quest. That's what MMO's are, there are very few MMOs' that have a main story line.

Also, I don't really think it matters what level I was, but if you really want to know. I was a NE druid Healing spec, level 70 with T4.
    Last edited by Trunks; 05-21-2009 at 03:40 PM.

Ok, you completely missed my point. What I was getting at about being higher level is once there, ALL the quests involving the top tier instances (Black Temple, Sunwell Plateau, etc) are chock full of lore and story and they go into a great level of detail explaining why you're there to kick Illidans, Kil'jaedens and so on and so forths a5ses and why they're busy being a bunch of douchebags in the first place. Mount Hyjal is once gigantic lorefest full of story. All you need to do is take the time to read the quests and watch the cinematics when they pop up.

And no, none of that has anything to do with the books or Warcraft I-III.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
    Ok, you completely missed my point. What I was getting at about being higher level is once there, ALL the quests involving the top tier instances (Black Temple, Sunwell Plateau, etc) are chock full of lore and story and they go into a great level of detail explaining why you're there to kick Illidans, Kil'jaedens and so on and so forths a5ses and why they're busy being a bunch of douchebags in the first place. Mount Hyjal is once gigantic lorefest full of story. All you need to do is take the time to read the quests and watch the cinematics when they pop up.

And no, none of that has anything to do with the books or Warcraft I-III.
    I suppose, but like I said where you quoted. "They did attempt it" I wouldn't give high rating to a game that has a semi decent story at the end of the game only. An rpg to me is basically a movie with little parts where you interact in it. I mean honestly, the cut seens are what you look forward to in an RPG.

I do agree with you though, I suppose there is more story toward the end, but normally I'm in a raid group during all those times. I don't feel like reading paragraphs so I never read them thoroughly and still don't care too. WoW to me doesn't need a story, It would be just as great without one.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    oh....maybe you're not doing it fast enough lol...confusing when 1 person says its fast and another says its slow lol
    Agreed. WOW was almost too fast leveling wise for me.

Thread Information