View Poll Results: Which should I buy?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3

12 42.86%
  • Xbox 360

16 57.14%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I love my 360 never had any problems with it. My brother bought his on ebay and within a few days it had the RROD. He sent it in...and got it back within a month.
    I know you miss the places that I place my finger tips
    I know you'll never find another lover love,
    who will love you like I did

The 360 will have far more (good) games available to you while the PS3 will last longer and a bit more reliable hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by PvtWilhelm View Post
    Can you guys give me a hand? I've got a Wii but I want to get either a PS3 or an Xbox 360 in the near future. Problem is I don't know much about either other than the games available for them. Which would you recommend?
    If I buy one now, which am I going to get more value for my money from in terms of games, lifespan and what it has to offer? Based purely on games I'm leaning towards 360 at the moment, but everyone I ask says the PS3's on it's way up and it has blu-ray too. Any advice would be great. Thanks for you help.
    unless your a hardcore PS or Xbox fan, id say stick with the wii. I got them and realy, the PS3 and Xbox360 realy isnt worth it for now. Yes, alot of good games are comeing out for those 2, but you got to make sure theres alot of games that makes it worth it. nintendo gives you a wii, a gamecube, Nes, Snes, N64, sega genesis, sega masters system, turbo graphix 16 (how ever you spell it), and a neogeo. plus the wiiware, and the fact that it has alot of games for it that have good and interesting controles, the graphix arnt the best, but they do good, and the most important, its just down right fun. If you only wanted to know what of those 2 you should get, im sorry, this is just a warning. Enyway, if I has to pick between the 2, I would get the ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by eranikusnxt View Post
    unless your a hardcore PS or Xbox fan, id say stick with the wii. I got them and realy, the PS3 and Xbox360 realy isnt worth it for now. Yes, alot of good games are comeing out for those 2, but you got to make sure theres alot of games that makes it worth it. nintendo gives you a wii, a gamecube, Nes, Snes, N64, sega genesis, sega masters system, turbo graphix 16 (how ever you spell it), and a neogeo. plus the wiiware, and the fact that it has alot of games for it that have good and interesting controles, the graphix arnt the best, but they do good, and the most important, its just down right fun. If you only wanted to know what of those 2 you should get, im sorry, this is just a warning. Enyway, if I has to pick between the 2, I would get the ps3.
    he wants...a real next gen console. While the Wii is a good console IMO, it's not a next gen console. It seems like a last gen console but more innovative.

Anyways, i'd go with PS3. IMO it has a much better computer, a much better menu interface, and blu ray movies are astounding. Plus free online. (don't give me that you get what you pay for crap IMO online isn't worth paying extra for)
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 12-06-2008 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    he wants...a real next gen console. While the Wii is a good console IMO, it's not a next gen console. It seems like a last gen console but more innovative.

Anyways, i'd go with PS3. IMO it has a much better computer, a much better menu interface, and blu ray movies are astounding. Plus free online. (don't give me that you get what you pay for crap IMO online isn't worth paying extra for)
    everyone says that, it is a next gen console. People seem to forget that its nto the graphix that makes the game, its the gameplay. Nintendo knows that, and thats why they not only cut the graphix down for better gameplay, but gives you the chance to but some of the best old games. Everyone has there own opinion, but the wii wasnt realy made for one player games. It was made for famalies, while the ps3 and 360 seem to be made for 1 person. this is the last time im gonig to bring it up, so dont worry about this being an all out fight. Last thing I got to say, sonly make tvs and microsoft makes comps, witch makes there consoles based on looks. Ninteno was a pure gaming company ever sense it was made, witch makes them think about the gameplay.

ps3 cz i support sony and like more games on it!

Xbox360, if your looking for online pla its the only choice.. i ahve the 360 and it has almost flawless online play, especially in games like GOW and COD, i have not play any of these on the PS3 but my brother has games like Tiger woods, and Madden 09, and he tells me it takes ages to find a match and that when he does the server usually times out or is lost during the match, this for me would be extremely irritating!

360 all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by eranikusnxt View Post
    everyone says that, it is a next gen console. People seem to forget that its nto the graphix that makes the game, its the gameplay. Nintendo knows that, and thats why they not only cut the graphix down for better gameplay, but gives you the chance to but some of the best old games. Everyone has there own opinion, but the wii wasnt realy made for one player games. It was made for famalies, while the ps3 and 360 seem to be made for 1 person. this is the last time im gonig to bring it up, so dont worry about this being an all out fight. Last thing I got to say, sonly make tvs and microsoft makes comps, witch makes there consoles based on looks. Ninteno was a pure gaming company ever sense it was made, witch makes them think about the gameplay.
    And my side of the argument being, Wii is just like gamecube and all the other last gen games in terms of the game itself, it's just that you have motion controls. A Wii can't handle the next gen physics and computations that more recent games have. Ever notice how many games are released on both the PS2 and the Wii? The 360 and PS3 not only look better, but are far more powerful in terms of computing and handling everything that's going on. The wii is pretty much all last gen hardware, which IMO is what separates this gen from last gen. Smaller things like in crysis, how when you're shooting you can cut down and blast chunks out of trees and stuff that's in your way. How in battlefield bad company you can destroy walls of buildings and stuff. The fact that in GTA 4 you can travel the entire city without any loading times. Are Wii games capable of any of that? Not from what i've seen. in my personal opinion, that's what makes next gen games truly next gen.

Thread Information