Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turok

Default Turok

This is for rukisuto, because she requested it.

-----------------

Turok is a game developed by Propaganda Games and published by Touchstone. It's a first person shooter, that's set in the future. And today, I'll be reviewing this new game. Sit back, grab some popcorn, and enjoy.

----------------------

Graphics: 8.5/10

The graphics could use some more tuning, and could've tooken just a bit more time to make it work. The dinosaur's are the real highlight of the game. They are so detailed, that everytime you kill one, you just get this feeling of pleasure like "woah, I just killed something amazingly cool!" The character models don't really that good. But the flashback seens are really good. It really feels like you are going back into Joseph Turok's past. Also, the jungle is very well detailed. And it feel's like there is so much to explore, and so little time. The thing I really didn't like was that they had some levels where you had to explore a facility, which I felt that they should have stuck more to the jungle then to the facilities or house's. Overall, I thought that the dinosaur's were the pure highlight of the game and that they should have emphasized more on that part then anything else. So for the graphics part of the game, I give it a eight point five out of ten. 8.5/10.

Story: 10/10

The story is completely original. And it's just plain straight forward. "Dude, we're on a jungle full of dinosaur's. Let's get the **** out!"
    So, let me put it like this. You are Joseph Turok. You used to be part of the 'Wolf' clan I believe (please correct me on this, I forgot) and you left. Now, you are back. And you are out to get one man. While you are travelling through space, your ship goes through some maulfunction's and you are crashing. You crash land onto this planet full of dinosaur's. Now, you need to find the rest of your ship, and the survivors. Once you find them, they tell you to forget the mission completely and focus on returning. Now, I'm not going to go into alot of detail with the story, and I don't want to spoil it for anybody. Because if anybody wants to give this game a playthrough, and reads this review, they will get spoiled. So, just for the story being original, and having kick-*** dinosaur's in it, I give the story a 10/10.

Gameplay: 8/10

Let me say this once and only once. Nothing ground-breaking. Just picture Halo with dinosaur's. But the aiming is much tough, and just require plain skill. I won't go into much detail, because Halo with dinosaur's just pretty much sums up this gameplay.

Overall: 9/10

This game earns a solid nine out of ten. The gameplay has nothing ground-breaking, the story is sick as hell, and the graphics are mediocre with the side of dinosaur's. Overall, I think this game deserves atleast 1 playthrough, either rent or buy, and if you rent it and like it, buy it. Multiplayer ain't that bad, trust me. With the dino's spawning randomly, you can set those dino's on your enemies. Just remember one simple rule in Turok. The enemy of your enemy can be your friend. 9/10.

Last edited by Raw!; 02-29-2008 at 03:23 PM.
    Come check out my YouTube channel, all about gaming tips and tricks and walkthroughs and even reviews!
    YouTube - MrGamertip's Channel

Got to get my hands on that game 9/10 review nice work

wow i like it

too bad i don't have an xbox 360

+Rep, nice review. I want to get the game now.
    PM me if you have any problems. Just don't annoy me out of my wits.

Quote Originally Posted by conman1000 View Post
    +Rep, nice review. I want to get the game now.
    but you don't even have a 360 well i don't either lol

Thanks a bunch for the review.
    It just makes me ansty to play it now, lol.

i've seen and read a lot about this game, it looks awesome and sounds awesome

excellent review by the way gave you rep for that and you have your second rep blob

keep up the reviews, gets better and better with experience
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Sounds awesome, I will defiantly rent it and plan an all day session with my boyfriend at his house (:

Woe is me for I have no 360

Thanks for the thumbs up. I'm working on trying to make the gaming review more fun for you guys. Got any suggestions? PM me!

Thanks for the 2 reps.
    Come check out my YouTube channel, all about gaming tips and tricks and walkthroughs and even reviews!
    YouTube - MrGamertip's Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Raw! View Post
    Thanks for the thumbs up. I'm working on trying to make the gaming review more fun for you guys. Got any suggestions? PM me!

Thanks for the 2 reps.
    more pics - in game gameplay pics always rocks and makes the review seem a lot better in my opinion
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thread Information