Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by shixx View Post
    Hmm, my thing is in a few years I will pretty much have to switch to Vista..
    I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to turn around and buy vista anyway in a few years. plus with SP1 I hear they have improved alot of the problems so before too long there shouldn't be any. I probably wont know for sure what i'll do until the last minute on that because I love XP and Vista is like having an annoying little brother.
    xp has lasted very long if you haven't noticed and it is still the most used OS among not just gamers, but everyone.

think about this, in a few years, if you HAVE to upgrade, you will probably have a job or so or some kind of fund source to get what you need easily

like i was able to build my server because i had the money from my last job, my dad did have to help out a little but not much - same with my current computer

but again it really don't matter what you go with, having this kind of experience will probably be good for you, and i am speaking through experience but this is second hand exp for you, so trying it first hand might not be bad good luck with whatever it is you decide
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Alright I think I'm pretty much done, Check it out.
    I pretty much gave up on the $700 idea I'll just have to MAKE this last atleast 5 years which I can do, the one I have now I built in 2002.
    All I updated was the RAM, Video card and USB 2.0. Probably should have updated the Processor too though.

Results
    Last edited by Shixx; 08-30-2008 at 02:03 AM.

lol mushkin ram, my old toshiba laptop had that, failed miserably, replaced with a wintec later, much better - could have been an isolated incident but never used mushkin after that

and looks like you got a more expensive case and mobo lol, heh..good luck - i built a whole computer in February with about a $100 including a new monitor for $179 (19" Acer)

you picked out intel so thats probably why its much more expensive, i am more of the AMD guy, cheaper and they can pack the same amount of power. They are worth it for the money you pay for it.

I have never built an Intel PC from scratch - I've upgraded and taken apart intel but never from scratch lol
    Last edited by LiNuX; 08-30-2008 at 02:23 AM.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I used to be an AMD Fan but their Dual Core isn't as good as Intel's IMO.
    Intel is slightly Faster, Takes less Voltage and is Cooler.
    The Mushkin RAM I've never used personally but my Friend has had the same thing in his PC for a couple years.
    The Case I did have Had Noise problems from what the Reviews said and I'm abit paranoid about having enough room lol I'd rather have too much room. I'm cool with a Plain Black Case but I didn't feel like looking for one with plenty of room.
    The mobo Should be able to Support any updates I do in the Future aswell as OC'ing.

Thanks for your Input, you helped Alot. I can't buy this until September so I have 2 weeks to think about stuff and make sure I get everything.

Thread Information