Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Alright, pretty much done except for the Mobo and still kinda iffy on the OS.
    I hear alot of bad things about Vista and when I used vista it was just a pain in the a$$
    but then people say Vista is getting better. Might just go with XP pro 32bit and update later(but that's more money I'll have to spend later..). Does Vista have any real benefits for games? besides Directx10?

Quote Originally Posted by shixx View Post
    Alright, pretty much done except for the Mobo and still kinda iffy on the OS.
    I hear alot of bad things about Vista and when I used vista it was just a pain in the a$$
    but then people say Vista is getting better. Might just go with XP pro 32bit and update later(but that's more money I'll have to spend later..). Does Vista have any real benefits for games? besides Directx10?
    I know what you mean my friend has got Vista on his gaming Laptop and he has lots of bugs with stuff hes downloaded for games.

Quote Originally Posted by Veriaset View Post
    Linux you seem to know alot you build you PC?
    yeah i've built a few and have worked with hardware i even posted my server and pc pics on here a while ago - i've upgraded more pcs than i've built so i know what will go well for stuff
    Last edited by LiNuX; 08-28-2008 at 09:03 PM.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    yeah i've built a few and have worked with hardware i even posted my server and pc pics on here a while ago - i've upgraded more pcs than i've built so i know what will go well for stuff
    Cool if I ever need some help I'll message you.

Quote Originally Posted by Veriaset View Post
    Cool if I ever need some help I'll message you.
    alright i'll be here

@shixx, if you get xp 32 bit just stay with it, i've been using it for years for all types of games and it hasn't failed me

it wont' recognize more than 3.5 gb RAM which is the only downside to it but its really good other than that - it'll also probably show 3.25 GB because they always put some aside
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

Alright, Check out the results(may change) and tell me what you think.

Results

new comment: windows vista home? really? lol, its kinda horrible for gaming and sometimes it'll make you wish you were on windows 98 instead lol

And Ultimate would be better?

Quote Originally Posted by shixx View Post
    And Ultimate would be better?
    Windows XP would be 10x better than that

my dad's laptop has Vista Business - i probably use it more than him, it's alright for the simple stuff but I wouldn't recommend vista for gaming yet because some of the old school games won't work on vista properly

I have a friend that plays ROSE with me occasionally on Vista home i think, and from him i have heard the game isn't as fun even though ROSE is designed to work on Vista, visa is just blahh with games

but you could be one of the people that actually like it. Don't let me influence your decisions a 100%, i am just telling you my opinion of vista

Hmm, my thing is in a few years I will pretty much have to switch to Vista..
    I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to turn around and buy vista anyway in a few years. plus with SP1 I hear they have improved alot of the problems so before too long there shouldn't be any. I probably wont know for sure what i'll do until the last minute on that because I love XP and Vista is like having an annoying little brother.

Thread Information