Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Computer check up!!!

on great way to keep your pc running smoothly is to do disk defragement on your computer every week. Also it is a good idea to have a fire wall along with a reliable virus scan... Chances are if your virus scan is free, then it really not that protecting your comp. I am cureently using McAfee...

Default Re: Computer check up!!!

The importance of a Firewall is that it places an always-on security barrier between the Internet and your computer. When someone tries to probe or attack your PC, you get the who-what-when-and-where. Firewall's provides protection against Trojans and
    worms, helping keep hackers out and personal information in. Thats why my firewall has been so usefull to me

i know all of that, and i know how ur firewall is lol, i have a firewall too, but i know how to configure it to let me do the things i want to do, i know that ur firewall wont let u download anything, so u gotta fix it like i tell u every time lol, and i have verizon online procection, pop-up blocker, firewall, virus scanner, and anti-spy, its all good, just as good as norton, by the way, norton and mcafee are both good scanners to have, i used to have both, but i think verizon is better since its my ISP
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Question: Can ISP-produced virus scans really help improve the quality of computer use?

The Armageddon is near.

Well ISP virus scans helps a little bit but i found out that they do a good job finding the virus but not removing it. Thats a big difference.

finding virus but not removing them? thats not right, i had mcaffee, then i got verizon protection, i had to uninstall mcaffee to install verizon cuz 2 scanners in one computer will screw up everything, and verizon is a great protector, if a virus gets into my computer some how, it finds it and kills in instantly without a need of scan, same with anti-spy
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

verizon protection is really good, i used to use it, now i have norton antivirus 2006, its better than the rest hehe...but verizon is good, they find and kill viruses, i dont think i've had too much viruses with the scanners i use, i've used verizon for like 2 years, then mcaffee, and pc cillin, and norton, they are all good

Yeah Norton is the only one that I use to scan for any viruses...AOL Comp. Check-Up is OK, but it gets annoying when it keeps asking to install updates, and it also slows my hard-drive...

The Armageddon is near.

i scanned my pc online at safety.live.com and found that i had over 25 threats...
    i was stunned by this information .. due that im running a free antivirus software so i guess itz just never safe enough
    freakin trojans and viruses..

Why can't people just use their computers without having to worry about stupid trojans and viruses? Dang life...

The Armageddon is near.

Thread Information