Threaded View

Default Briging the generation gap.

Being either really young and not being able to see what us older gamers got to play or being really old and not really fitting in to the new generation of games.. how does one break that generation gap?

I, for one, and doing my part in having a weekly (every Thursday) gaming session with a gentlemen that was well into his teens by 1971. Our game of choice is to play Risk on the PS1 and devising many different strategies. But lately, with downloadable games becoming widely available, I've been teaching him to play multiplayer Risk with other gamers around the world. He always tells me his "back in the day" stories and they are so fun to listen to and even some of them involve REALLY old game systems. Sometimes I let him see the new-gen games like Demons Souls or Dragon Age and offer to let him take a whack at it. Not bad for an old-timer I'd say. I think he really doesn't have much fun these days and this really keeps him in good spirits and this really makes me feel like I'm making a difference in his life for the better through videogames and fresh companionship.

So guys and gals, I'd like to hear your stories on how you've bridged the generation gap, no matter how small even if your the old gamer that's showing the new age how to play. It's always a blessing to see gaps being broken and everyone can appreciate videogames as entertainment/art and not being viewed negatively.

Xbox Live: event decay

Playstation Network: mutilations
    What is reality compared to me?

Thread Information