Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cspace View Post
    You play the role of Nicco in an open ended Roleplay as "Nicco" game for the xbox 360 or ps3 GAMING console. it is a RPG its not a Traditional MERPG or DNDRPG but it is still a RPG-AA Action Adventure
    No it's not fool. How are you even here didn't you get like 5 infractions earlier , GTA games fits in sandbox games/action-adventure, 3rd person shooter genres it does not fit in RPG you heathen, you crazy heathens on this site always want to classify as a rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by jakncoke View Post
    No it's not fool. How are you even here didn't you get like 5 infractions earlier , GTA games fits in sandbox games/action-adventure, 3rd person shooter genres it does not fit in RPG you heathen, you crazy heathens on this site always want to classify as a rpg.
    You follow a role in order to beat the game you have two roles you can follow and what do my infractions have to do with you ? i mis understood the rules a little and now i have read them and understand better but thats beside the point GTA 4 is not truly a Sandbox / Open Ended oh wow you can fall away from the story line and not advance kill people steal cars and cause havok or you can follow 1 of 2 story lines where you follow the role of Nicco to beat the game. i dont care if it is listed as sandbox AA or not its still RPAA because you cant be you you have to be Nicco you have to play the role of nicco and follow the story to win basic elements of a RPG dosnt matter if its swords or guns horses or ferraris its still ROLE PLAY but most gamers that buy shooters hear role play and think boring so it was only listed as an action adventure.

I don't play GTA 4 myself, becuase I'm never been in so much in GTA games before but I'm have play one of them in Playstation 2.
    If you can't level up your characters it doesn't called an RPG, it's more like an adventure action based game for me.
    Let's think about a Turn based Combat system in RPG, that's up to your intellected and order up your strategy to be able to win, you choose a person/pets to attack the opponent. Do you have seen/played Eternal Sonata, Persona or Final Fantasy game? That's what I'm calling a good RPG and can't not called GTA 4 a real RPG.
    It's more like an action-adventure, It's action there your using guns etc.
    Adventure while followed the main story or you can just go around.

You follow a role in order to beat the game you have two roles you can follow and what do my infractions have to do with you ? i mis understood the rules a little and now i have read them and understand better but thats beside the point GTA 4 is not truly a Sandbox / Open Ended oh wow you can fall away from the story line and not advance kill people steal cars and cause havok or you can follow 1 of 2 story lines where you follow the role of Nicco to beat the game. i dont care if it is listed as sandbox AA or not its still RPAA because you cant be you you have to be Nicco you have to play the role of nicco and follow the story to win basic elements of a RPG dosnt matter if its swords or guns horses or ferraris its still ROLE PLAY but most gamers that buy shooters hear role play and think boring so it was only listed as an action adventure.
    Do you want to get another infraction? That's not allowed to insulted others gamers here, calling him a fool, might hurting his feeling but you are right about the GTA 4 is fit in action-adventure. That's it his miss.

Quote Originally Posted by jakncoke View Post

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

Back on topic =P

This was a hard list for me to come up with but here she is:

1. Final Fantasy 7 (VII)
    2. Final Fantasy 11 (XI)
    3. Knights of the Old Republic 2
    4. Knights of the Old Republic
    5. Shin Megami Tensai Persona Fes 3
    6. Final Fantasy 3 DS version
    7. Final Fantasy X
    8. Oblivion
    9. Fable
    10. Tales of Vesperia

Just missed was Lost Oddysey.

Also i didnt know if you could call Zelda and Pokemon games RPG's... so i left them off my list and left your classic pure RPG games.
    C:\Documents and Settings\NGE Ayanami\My Documents\My Pictures\Adobe\Other Photos\Rei2.gif

P.S RPG dosnt mean you have to level up or you have to use magic. it just means you play the role of someone during the corse of the game

P.S RPG dosnt mean you have to level up or you have to use magic. it just means you play the role of someone during the corse of the game
    Well if that's the definition of an RPG then every game is an RPG. You play the role of somebody in just about every game ever. Halo would be an rpg because you play the role of Master Chief, Half Life would be an rpg because you play the role of Gordon Freeman.. see what i mean?
    C:\Documents and Settings\NGE Ayanami\My Documents\My Pictures\Adobe\Other Photos\Rei2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Well if that's the definition of an RPG then every game is an RPG. You play the role of somebody in just about every game ever. Halo would be an rpg because you play the role of Master Chief, Half Life would be an rpg because you play the role of Gordon Freeman.. see what i mean?
    RPG Short for role-playing game, it is a game genre where one or more players adopt a role and act it out in a virtual reality. Usually in an RPG game, you will set out on an adventure or quest, and multiplayer RPG games allows gamers to complete these quests with other gamers as allies over the Internet or as a LAN game.

It is a game that consists of quests "or missions" not levels, and is usealy has some sort of Adventure feature to it GTA 4 being the vast city which you explore to find missions and follow script lines in order to win.

I don't play many RPGs.

1. KOTOR
    2. Oblivion
    3. Fable
    4. Mass Effect
    5. KOTOR 2
    6. Lost Odyssey
    Ummm I don't think I have played any other RPGs that I liked....

RPG Short for role-playing game, it is a game genre where one or more players adopt a role and act it out in a virtual reality. Usually in an RPG game, you will set out on an adventure or quest, and multiplayer RPG games allows gamers to complete these quests with other gamers as allies over the Internet or as a LAN game.

It is a game that consists of quests "or missions" not levels, and is usealy has some sort of Adventure feature to it GTA 4 being the vast city which you explore to find missions and follow script lines in order to win.
    Look i'll make this easy to understand. We all know what RPG means but there are classic RPG games in the genre and then there are games that you could consider RPGs but arent really in the classic sense of the genre.

If it follows the outlines of a Final Fantasy or it's more loose and open like an Oblivion then it's an rpg. If it doesnt fall into comparison with those franchises i'd argue that it's not an RPG. GTA is an action game, your character doesnt level up or get better at doing things as the game progresses.. it's always the same.

I gotta say that my top ten RPG's are

1.FFVII
    2.KOTOR II
    3.KOTOR
    4.Astonishia story
    5.FFX
    6.Mario RPG
    7.Guild Wars
    8.12sky (as long as MMORPG's count)
    9.Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
    10.FFX-2

I know that some of these are for old consoles but I admire the classics