Thread: Rome MMORPG

Default Rome MMORPG

Hey, me and a few guys are makin a MMORPG (the titile clearly states what its about), but we want to know what kind of stuff are you interested about Rome. One thing that we are going to make sure all fans of Rome will get are massive battles. Actually, massive is a understatement. Don't expect anything to be historically accurate. Very, very off. Some things we already have are :

Almost everything is Customizable, from your character to your house to your armor, everything is what you want it to be.

Houses can be built, or you can just buy a house depending on Race and Faction.

Massive Wars

Amazing Armor, Weapons, and even Horses.

Beautiful graphics

You can even become a Gladiator.

You need a coliseum.
    Uhm...
    I dunno, I'll think of more later.
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

Thats what Gladiators play in, eventually. There will be more fun things to do in the Colosseum.

Just out of curiosity, how will you guys be making this game? Like equipment and stuff?

I really like the idea sounds awesome.

Hm well you do have me excited to explain it all, but i guess once the game is finished you can check it all out. But one big thing I would like to ask is, would you guys like there to be magic involved? because back then, the barbarians and Romans thought different cultures used 'Black Magic' and we really want to bring that into play.

Magic would be Cool but you could try it without magic and see if it works Some Games Force Magic on Fighting systems that would be better without. I mean an MMORPG doesn't have to have magic. Could Focus more on Melee and making that Complex. I'd lean towards no magic just for a change, that's what alot of people want now days is something different or new. and you could always use Ranged to implement bombs, Fire arrows and Ect.

Maybe BASIC magic spells, such as heals and maybe some buffs, but nothing that can really inflict damage in combat.

Arrows and siege weapons are gonna be huge. Catapults, Rams, even pigs!! And melee is going to be largely involved. Magic might be involved, but nothing big enough for everyone to notice. One major thing we wanted to focus on was politics, something that is rare in MMORPGs. We are going to give people the opportunity to work for, and maybe even be voted for the Roman Senate. Or, if you are a barbarian or non-roman, you can eventually, with enough people and supplies and gold, start your own tribe. But that also comes with huge responsiblilty, for example, say you build a tribe with about 10, 20 people. You need to have some people collect food, some build certain buildings, and you need to have a few fighters, because you could get raided by rival barbarians, Romans, ect...

Thread Information