Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: game cd's

Default game cd's

Don't know where to put this but.....

question:
    Do you keep your game cd's or ANY kind of cd's in the original case? OR in a CD folder? (the one with slots)

I hear that the CD folder tends to make scratches on the cd, depending on the frequency of use, (like you take it out/put it back in the folder) do you think thats true?

which would you prefer?

c'mon gamers, be optimistic...

Most of my game buying happens online through steam nowadays. Don't even have to worry about disks getting scratched or losing them. But generally I keep them in the original case, I always have. Keeps things organized and I don't have to worry about looking all over for a game because it's not in the correct case.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I pretty much buy all of my games on steam too, however some of my games I keep in a cd binder and other I keep in their cases. I through away most of the old PC cardboard boxes and I keep for the most part the plastic cases...

well for PC games I put them in these black plastic cases but they do protect my cds
    for any console games I just keep them in the original box
    that way I know exactly where they are
    when I want to play them

made by Th3-Devils-Princess
    Joe Mauer is the best catcher

My ps3 games are in their cases. Which are piled atop one-another. and are sitting on an angled ledge above my bed. ...i think gravity is being nice to me.
    My ps2 games are kept in a leather pocket thing, with plastic sleevs for each disk.
    And the PC games are in a weird sort of .. pod thing.... with pull out bits... it's white, plastic and long... yeah... /descriptionfail

Cheers Jango. XD

thats good you guys keep it in the original case, but the question was if they scratch or not... like if you notice any scratches happening on the disc for example.
    uhh...
    like if you put the cd back in the folder/binder with the slots, does it scratch?
    or....
    if you keep them in the original case, and you play the game and put it back in the case, do you notice any scratching or chipping of the ring inside the disc? (like the hole)?

(sigh) I wish all games would be downloaded through the Internet... BESIDES pc games.
    I know they already got the ps1 classics download through the playstation network, including the xbox 360 downloadable games... and through the ps3, you can transfer psp games through a usb cable and again through the playstation network...

99% of my disks are without scratches. Whether they are movies, Games, software, etc. I take pretty good care of my products and I try not to lend them to anyone. The other 1% of scratches come from lending it to someone and they decide to wipe the carpet with it.

And I suspect soon enough you should be able to download full/current games right into the console because it's more cost efficient for the developers. They get to cut out the middleman. But it would hurt a lot of businesses, for example, eb games and gamestop - but it could still happen.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I can't stand people leaving there games out in the open to get scratched....
    I keep all of mine in there case if they are not in the system.

i'm the same as linux really these days and use steam. any games that i do have in hard copy i tend to keep in the box - i went through a period of using a folder to keep the discs in some years ago but then would lose the boxes or the manuals which made it difficult to sell them later as complete packages. i soon changed that.

I keep all my games and movies in the original box or case. I do however keep my CD's in a couple big folders to keep down the space they take up. TBH I don't listen to my CD's much anymore as most of that music is on my computer or iPod. I did find my CD's got beat up in the folder but I have them saved digitally so not a big deal.

This is the beginning of the age of digital download for games I think. The industry is moving away from discs. I would guess that the next generation of systems will likely be mostly download and may not even offer the ability to use a disc. This is good for the game makers as there will be less trading or borrowing of games but will kill off the video game stores and rental places.

Thread Information