Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

I can play the guitar on Rockband/Guitar Hero on the difficulty "HARD." Other than that, no.

I can play "ya cannie shove yer granny off a bus" and nothing else.

Still, it's the best party song ever

I've been trying to pick up guitar, I really want to get formal lessons/instruction sometime later (maybe this next summer?)

I'm a music major so I spend more time on my primary instrument, oboe, and dabble with guitar, bass, keyboard, EWI (look it up, it's my favorite ), and countless other simple wind instruments.

My major has a concentration on Recording Technology so if anyone wants to talk passing tracks back and forth just for fun I will be your bff :3

The way I learnt was by buying a book of songs by someone I knew well (in my case the Beatles) and learning the chords. It's painless when you first start if you begin with something you enjoy and know well, and tends to be easier to pick up.

Personally I've never had a lesson in my life, and have now been playing for 22 years or so. I'm entirely self-taught, and would hazard to say that I actually prefer being that way because some people who I've heard that have received 'too much' teaching sound devoid of any soul or character in how they play. Just my 2 pennies worth

I can play like 2 beginner songs...(but they're in a foreign language) I just started playing since thanksgiving of last year....
    so its been a month of playing. I hope to get better at guitar this year.

Default mmmmmm pennies

Quote Originally Posted by jango View Post
    Personally I've never had a lesson in my life, and have now been playing for 22 years or so. I'm entirely self-taught, and would hazard to say that I actually prefer being that way because some people who I've heard that have received 'too much' teaching sound devoid of any soul or character in how they play. Just my 2 pennies worth
    being in a school of music is an easy place to have your soul sucked out, I hear ya I must repeat the wisdom you wrote here to myself every week to make sure I don't lose that spark that made me fall in love with music in the first place!

Your 2 pennies are worth something here, no doubt It's nice to get a little reminder that I should avoid becoming pretentious about the art
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

I used to play acoustic though I switched to the violin when I was 11, I imagine if I'd stuck with guitar I'd be pretty good by now.

I'm currently learning to play bass, and it's something that I find quite easy to learn. I'm only really learning other people's songs to get used to the instrument and to build some skill. I'm hoping I can get my boyfriend to help me develop my own style since he plays electric/bass/piano and writes his own music T_T

I have an accoustic guitar, and i know all the basics of chords, tabs and etc. Even through, I'm not that good playing it, I find it hard to go from one chord to another quickly enough : D

This guitar is 5-6 years old, with nailon strings, Gewa Classica. I luv it.

played death metal in High School, still play a little metal here and there but I have mellowed it out a little.

lol I can play songs and stuff, i have the technical skills, but i suck at music theory and writing stuff.

Thread Information