Default Kingdom hearts 2

intro-
    You start the game off with an awesome CG introduction, which shows you, briefly, what happened in Kingdom hearts and in chain of memories.

Then you play as “Roxas” (which is Sora muddled up and with an “x” in it) but before that, you have to last a long load of dialogue, but luckily is skip able for the second play though. Once done, you enter a battle, which works just like the original Kingdom Hearts. Once done you do a series of tasks as “Roxas”. You may be like “Woo yay sounds fun!” But its not. There’s little battling, and also just gets very dull at points, especially since everyone just wants to play as Sora already!
    The beginning is 0% fun, but necessary.

Story-
    The story carries straight on from chain of memories once you’re Sora. It picks up on Soras’ quest to beat the ‘heartless” and the new foe the “noboddy”. Although from what you learn early in the game you may think the noboddy are the new heartless, but they actually appear very little in comparison, which is a shame because they offer need more depth to beating them, then just hitting the “x” button. The main “bad girl” from Kingdom hearts “the maleficent” is back, but this time, with Pete from the older Disney movies. Also you fight the “Organization XIII”. However, the depth the story shows about Riku, Roxas, Naminie and Sora add a lot to it.

Graphics-
    The Graphics are pretty good, not many CG cutscenes though and very small improvments from the first game to this one. But over all the Graphics are good and nothing to complain about.

Game play-
    Game play, as Roxas, is just like Sora from Kingdom hearts, but without magic so kind of like just when you first started the game. When you play as Sora, he plays a lot smother and also has “Drives” which I’ll go into in a sec. My only key complain would be, that they had an awesome MP system in Kingdom hearts one, but they wrecked it, you no longer get MP every time you hit a heartless or noboddy, and MP orbs really fall, which takes a lot away from it. The good news is, other then the MP system, it’s a definite improvement to the way it worked in Kingdom hearts.

Drives-

In this game you have a new thing called drives. This allows Sora to change form, or summon.
    Summoning is next to useless, only the last two you get are of any good. The other two are too week.
    Drive, this is what you should use it for, this changes Soras’ form into a better one at the cost of a certain member of your party, or all your party. This powers up a certain thing of Soras, and also gives you the “synch blade’ technique in some, so you can use two keyblades. The anti form sometimes comes up too, you’d think it’d be useless, but its not.

I like-
    Fighting with Auron.
    Limits.
    Drives.
    Fighting 1000 Heartless at once.
    Faster gummi ship
    More Final fantasy characters.
    Sephiroth is back
    its fun to play

I do not like-
    It's a really short RPG
    The stupid amount of Disney, I know its there game too.
    Levels are very linear
    Even the hardest mode is easy.
    Lack of CG cut scenes.

Final score, 8/10
    Last edited by Shixx; 10-04-2008 at 01:55 PM.

I used to be obsessed with this game a year or so back...
    it got old fast though.
    btw:
    nice review

i love KH cant wait for next game. i beat sephirothin hardest mode withuo hacks and without passing level 80

Thread Information