Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by norid View Post
    I don't think United will win just because of the defence ans new goalie. Rio, Vidic, and Rafa have already picked up injuries. De Gea is still shaky when dealing with some shots. Chelsea could have a go at the title IF they can have some chemistry up between the strikers and get a freakin game changer in the mid field. The youngster Josh is tarrfic don't know why he didn't start. Plus Sturridge will ready after his suspension is over. City will be good Untill, i say that cause it will happen, Teves does his normal stint. and locker room issues. Arsenal eh no need to explain. Liverpool will choke, and Spurs just dont have that extra driving force needed in teams to be up there.
    You can hold me by these words at the end of the season; United will win the title :P It took Schmeichel a good few games to settle into the United team back in the day, and look how he turned out! De Gea is a fantastic GK, and he is still very young for a GK, so he will be solid as a rock come the Winter period. Despite their long-term injury problems with Rafael and Rio, United will pull through because of their attacking force and their persistence. They still have Evans and Smalling to rotate in the centre-half position, they will be fine, trust me.

Chelsea have the chemistry up front, it has been proven with Anelka and Drogba, so that isn't the problem. The problem is that there is too much faith being put into Torres' abilities. Sure, he is a fantastic player, but it's started to look like he was a fantastic player. They have to give him a lot of chances because he cost Chelsea the base fee of £50m. Sturridge, as good as he is, won't have much of an impact on Chelsea's season this time around; it's all about Drogba and Anelka, as long as the spine of Cech, Terry, Essien and Lampard remain. Cech however did look rather shaky at the weekend... He didn't look himself.

Tevez can do whatever he wants, and if he starts messing City around again then so be it. Mancini is far too experienced to let a little rat like Tevez get in the way of his plans for his team. The atmosphere in the dressing room won't change because let's face it, it's not like he's been present for the past few months is it? He's been back in his home town for the most part, so he won't be missed, and his antics will have next to no impact on the team. There is a chance however that he will be happier now Aguero has joined the club; Tevez may happily remain. What a strike force that would be.

However I do agree to some extent on what you said about the rest. Nothing can be said on Arsenal atm, because the transfer window isn't over for another two weeks and Wenger has all that money from the Fabregas transfer to play with. He may also have money from the possible Nasri transfer if he is so unfortunate to lose him to City.
    Last edited by Jayhmmz; 08-16-2011 at 09:31 PM.

I think Arsenal are doomed, they have slowly slipped season after season, now they have lost Cesc, and maybe Nasri, it isn't looking good for them, hopefully Wenger invests some of that cash into proven players who can actually do a job for them, rather than investing it in players for the future, Arsenal have enough future stars, what they need right now is some consistent performers who will really strengthen the team, they really lack the grit and determination some of the other teams have.

Think about it, we have Gerrard, Kuyt, Suarez, they never stop, they will try to the end. Chelski have Essien, Lampard and Drogba. Man Ure have Rooney and Chicarito.. Other than Cesc, I don't think Arsenal have anybody..

They could have done with loaning Scott Parker, and maybe snapping up Joey Barton too. Proven players, who have shown they will grab the game by the scruff of the neck, and wont stop until the end.
    YNWA
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

I'm forgetting its only starting (the season) last people were saying Chelsea would run away. The good thing about sports is there can always be upsets.

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

Indeed there can be. Like Everton finishing in the top 17, right Jay? :P
    YNWA

HI everyone, I am Jilliam and I am new here.. Your topic is, who is your favorite football team, right?
    My Favorite football team is the AZKALS Team from Philippines. They were so handsome, most especially the Younghusband brothers..

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrum View Post
    I think Arsenal are doomed, they have slowly slipped season after season, now they have lost Cesc, and maybe Nasri, it isn't looking good for them, hopefully Wenger invests some of that cash into proven players who can actually do a job for them, rather than investing it in players for the future, Arsenal have enough future stars, what they need right now is some consistent performers who will really strengthen the team, they really lack the grit and determination some of the other teams have.

Think about it, we have Gerrard, Kuyt, Suarez, they never stop, they will try to the end. Chelski have Essien, Lampard and Drogba. Man Ure have Rooney and Chicarito.. Other than Cesc, I don't think Arsenal have anybody..

They could have done with loaning Scott Parker, and maybe snapping up Joey Barton too. Proven players, who have shown they will grab the game by the scruff of the neck, and wont stop until the end.
    True this. Wenger needs to step his game up with the transfers. He made a positive step forward with the purchase of Gervinho, mainly because he isn't a baby (even though he looks like one), but he has actually had an immediate effect in one way or another. The biggest part of Gervinho's game seems to be pace, acceleration, ball distribution and positioning, which is a necessity in the Premier League. Arsenal have no back bone, and they haven't had one since Keown, Silva & Viera and Henry. Not to mention they had players like Ljungberg on the side. They need some structure, because they just look like a dismembered reserve squad at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by norid View Post
    I'm forgetting its only starting (the season) last people were saying Chelsea would run away. The good thing about sports is there can always be upsets.
    That's the good thing about the Premier League in the past few seasons, because it really has been close in all areas of the table. I don't thing there are many teams any more that don't stand a realistic chance of beating another team that on paper are usually way out of their reach.

Ones to watch this year: Bolton.

Indeed there can be. Like Everton finishing in the top 17, right Jay? :P
    Trap. Shut it. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by jilliam View Post
    HI everyone, I am Jilliam and I am new here.. Your topic is, who is your favorite football team, right?
    My Favorite football team is the AZKALS Team from Philippines. They were so handsome, most especially the Younghusband brothers..
    Well, twenty-odd pages ago that was the topic
    Currently it's about Premier League standings predictions for the end of this season, and assessing other football club's starts to the season. But, that's good to know too Never heard of them though.

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    True this. Wenger needs to step his game up with the transfers. He made a positive step forward with the purchase of Gervinho, mainly because he isn't a baby (even though he looks like one), but he has actually had an immediate effect in one way or another. The biggest part of Gervinho's game seems to be pace, acceleration, ball distribution and positioning, which is a necessity in the Premier League. Arsenal have no back bone, and they haven't had one since Keown, Silva & Viera and Henry. Not to mention they had players like Ljungberg on the side. They need some structure, because they just look like a dismembered reserve squad at the moment.

That's the good thing about the Premier League in the past few seasons, because it really has been close in all areas of the table. I don't thing there are many teams any more that don't stand a realistic chance of beating another team that on paper are usually way out of their reach.

Ones to watch this year: Bolton.

Trap. Shut it. Now.

Well, twenty-odd pages ago that was the topic
    Currently it's about Premier League standings predictions for the end of this season, and assessing other football club's starts to the season. But, that's good to know too Never heard of them though.
    Oh yeah. They were just a beginner in land of football. But someday, you will know them..

I would hate to see Arsenal do badly, and Wenger get sacked, but it will happen this season unless they step there game up. 10 years ago they had the best team in the world with the likes of Viera, Gilberto, Pires, Henry and the rest of them, now as you rightly say, they look like a reserve squad
    YNWA

I would hate to see Arsenal do badly, and Wenger get sacked, but it will happen this season unless they step there game up. 10 years ago they had the best team in the world with the likes of Viera, Gilberto, Pires, Henry and the rest of them, now as you rightly say, they look like a reserve squad
    Arsenal are everyone's second team, bar their rivals' of course, so I think a lot of people share that opinion. If Wenger does in fact do badly this season whilst making questionable decisions in the transfer windows then I think that the board will keep him on for another season to give him one more chance. But it is imperative that he buys at least two or three strong players in the crucial areas either in this transfer window or the January transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    Arsenal are everyone's second team, bar their rivals' of course, so I think a lot of people share that opinion. If Wenger does in fact do badly this season whilst making questionable decisions in the transfer windows then I think that the board will keep him on for another season to give him one more chance. But it is imperative that he buys at least two or three strong players in the crucial areas either in this transfer window or the January transfer window.
    The Arsenal fans are becoming sick of him though which is a problem, they had to shut down their official message boards due to people arguing about Wenger :S
    YNWA

Thread Information