• yes

5 29.41%
  • no

5 29.41%
  • is murder an option?

8 47.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The reason most tech support actually seems stupid (at least in my experience) isn't that they are incompetent but they don't know what exactly your problem is. Yeah there are some that shouldn't have been hired in the first place but you can't always blame them for not fixing the problem. I'm sure that tech support thinks a lot of people are incompetent. I have a friend who was in tech support who would tell me HILARIOUS stories. He finally quit because he couldn't deal with the people.

Quote Originally Posted by CraeSC111 View Post
    The reason most tech support actually seems stupid (at least in my experience) isn't that they are incompetent but they don't know what exactly your problem is. Yeah there are some that shouldn't have been hired in the first place but you can't always blame them for not fixing the problem. I'm sure that tech support thinks a lot of people are incompetent. I have a friend who was in tech support who would tell me HILARIOUS stories. He finally quit because he couldn't deal with the people.
    As the customer calling, you put them in the same position as a doctor. You think their all knowing, know exactly what the solution is when you tell them the symptoms, and expect a easy fix since you resorted to actually calling.
    As the tech supporter receiving your call, they have no idea what your problem is as you mentioned and can only go through a checklist first of the most common fixes and narrowing it down slowly. When most of the problems are fixed within the first solution, they must think intuitively that most of their callers are "simple".

It's a double edged sword and I just try and be as patient as possible when on either side of the phone. I think that sums it up? lol

Then you get the people who don't know what a start button is....
    I actually hear a lot more about stupid computer users than stupid tech support. And even I have forgotten to plug in the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by CraeSC111 View Post
    Then you get the people who don't know what a start button is....
    I actually hear a lot more about stupid computer users than stupid tech support. And even I have forgotten to plug in the computer.
    Lol Forgetting to plug in or something else as simple as that and then realizing it sucksss :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Lol Forgetting to plug in or something else as simple as that and then realizing it sucksss :P
    Yeah, it should be able to plug in itself. We have come this far in technology that we can go to the moon and to the bottom of the seas as well as wipe out whole nations but we cant make a machine plug itself in automatically.

Oh dear. I've only just got round to reading the OP. It's offensive that he has a job when many others worthy of employment are unemployed. What a douche xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    Oh dear. I've only just got round to reading the OP. It's offensive that he has a job when many others worthy of employment are unemployed. What a douche xD
    Lol totally agree! that's exactly what i was ranting about once I got off the online assistance with this idiot... :P

...and also it frustrates me because I used to work for a call center and let me tell you..despite a few errors that i have made it was nothing as horrid as this... in fact i was pretty epic for a 20 year old who is completely new to what I was dealing with (American Express) and I was not as idiotic... Its just sad he is even employed.. Oh America what the hell have u become? maybe he is outsourced.. maybe not.. idiots all over the world :P lol
    Last edited by Muffincat; 01-05-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: double post

Thread Information