Default Slipcovers/Steelbooks/Collector's editions

Does anybody here like buying movies with slipcovers, steelbooks, or random other collector's edition stuff?

My friend was telling me how The Avengers is coming out with all of the other Avengers movies (ironman/2/thor/captain america/incredible hulk) and it's coming in a big case that looks like the dropship. I also remember The Dark Knight coming with a big plastic batpod when the movie came out on dvd/blu ray.

I personally like Slipcovers, mostly because I find Blu Ray cases to be ugly, but I like the way the slipcovers look most of the time. I bought The Incredible Hulk on blu ray today but they don't include a slipcover anymore, which makes me sad. Sometimes Steelbooks are okay, for example Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were recently released in steelbook versions as best buy exclusives, and they come with a free coupon to see The Dark Knight Rises. I would get them, but I already have BB and TDK...though BB doesn't have a slipcover, so maybe a fancier case would be nice

Anyone else?

Yeah, I'm the same way. I'm actually pretty anal about the condition of my cases and movies/games. I think it's just OCD, but I much rather have a cover or steel book. Some of the newer movies have slip covers that I recently bought, no steel case movies, but a few games I have are steel cased.

One movie that kinda pisses me off is The Social Network, I bought it and it has this crappy piece of card board that wraps around the front and back only connecting at the top. So it just falls off basically. Under neath the cardboard it doesn't even say the name of the movie. Anyone that has bought the movie surely understands. Brings my piss to a boil lol.

Yeah special cases and CE are pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Yeah, I'm the same way. I'm actually pretty anal about the condition of my cases and movies/games. I think it's just OCD, but I much rather have a cover or steel book. Some of the newer movies have slip covers that I recently bought, no steel case movies, but a few games I have are steel cased.

One movie that kinda pisses me off is The Social Network, I bought it and it has this crappy piece of card board that wraps around the front and back only connecting at the top. So it just falls off basically. Under neath the cardboard it doesn't even say the name of the movie. Anyone that has bought the movie surely understands. Brings my piss to a boil lol.
    I bought the social network, it comes in like a digipack for me. I know which one is the social network because it's the only all black cardboard movie on my shelf.

I really wish i could just buy slipcovers separately lmao

Special cases are very cool imo (bought the Halo Wars and Halo Reach limited editions, as well as MW2 limited) but I HATE the cardboard sleeves on movies with a passion. Into the trash immediately.

I usually buy the collectors edition for games I have seen and like, Dark Souls for instance, I just wish it was a steelcase and not this cardboard thing. But never the less, anyway, Yeah I prefer the CE's I dunno why.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    Special cases are very cool imo (bought the Halo Wars and Halo Reach limited editions, as well as MW2 limited) but I HATE the cardboard sleeves on movies with a passion. Into the trash immediately.
    I...you...what...my brain...i don't even...wat

why would you do such a thing?

edit: yknow, now that I think about it, the only reason I like slipcovers is because my Ironman and Speed Racer blu rays came with slipcovers. As weird as this sounds, those movies have a lot of sentimental value to me.
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 06-07-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Thread Information