Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDeveloper View Post
    The game will be free to download and free to play!
    This makes me wonder if it is "free to play" like runescape is.
    Like you can play, but you can only use like 1/16th of the features.
    Say it's not so. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    This makes me wonder if it is "free to play" like runescape is.
    Like you can play, but you can only use like 1/16th of the features.
    Say it's not so. :3
    What do you expect? That people spend a lot of hours doing something with no return? I think you should be glad they offered a free version and not complain that it's not the full version.
    My blog: Diablo 3

Sure thing! I can post a few things here. It's a lot of fun once you get going. There are some free 3D modeling programs out there you can start on to get a feeling for it.

O: Do you know what they're called? I'd love to mess around with one.
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

We're doing things a little differently, actually. Our game is, at it's core, a CCG and that is where some of the purchases will happen. Every account will start with a sixty card starter deck, and players may have the ability to obtain more cards for free, but will have to buy booster packs in order to really grow their library.

So we're not limiting the amount of content you can play by any means. It all boils down to how much control do you want over your decks? Here is some small snippets of an interview I did a while back which might explain more.

Each player will be allowed an initial 2 character slots for free. This allows the players to choose an alignment to either Dark and Light realms, based on where their friends are, or personal preference. Deck wise, each deck is aligned to a specific element, and each element to a specific realm. While any card can be used in any deck, certain realm alignments may cause those cards to cost more to play, or have less of an effect.

Every new player will be granted a 60 card starter deck for free. This allows all players to get in and play without having to spend any money. Those who wish to further customize their decks can purchase numerous different booster pack types. A traditional Booster Pack, containing 15 cards, or even Starter Packs, containing 60 cards, will all be available for players to purchase. These Packs will be elementally tied and Realm tied, allowing player to choose between purchasing more cards for a specific element, or more cards for a specific Realm, consisting of different elements.

Hope that helps!

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LemonRising View Post
    O: Do you know what they're called? I'd love to mess around with one.
    Blender is far and away the most well known free program. Alternatively, Google actually has something of their own as well, called SketchUp. Both are completely free and easy to use! SketchUp might be best initially as it's pretty straight forward to get you into the mind set of working in a 3D space to build something, while also teaching you some very fundamental basics.

Thanks man! Once I get my desktop some power I'll definitely start messing around with those. I'll probably take your advice and start with SketchUp.

Good luck! Look around on the web and you can find some good tutorials. Start with modeling..UV unwrapping and texturing is a whole nother subject in and of itself!

Will do! Thanks for all your help (:

Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDeveloper View Post
    We're doing things a little differently, actually. Our game is, at it's core, a CCG and that is where some of the purchases will happen. Every account will start with a sixty card starter deck, and players may have the ability to obtain more cards for free, but will have to buy booster packs in order to really grow their library.

So we're not limiting the amount of content you can play by any means. It all boils down to how much control do you want over your decks? Here is some small snippets of an interview I did a while back which might explain more.

Each player will be allowed an initial 2 character slots for free. This allows the players to choose an alignment to either Dark and Light realms, based on where their friends are, or personal preference. Deck wise, each deck is aligned to a specific element, and each element to a specific realm. While any card can be used in any deck, certain realm alignments may cause those cards to cost more to play, or have less of an effect.

Every new player will be granted a 60 card starter deck for free. This allows all players to get in and play without having to spend any money. Those who wish to further customize their decks can purchase numerous different booster pack types. A traditional Booster Pack, containing 15 cards, or even Starter Packs, containing 60 cards, will all be available for players to purchase. These Packs will be elementally tied and Realm tied, allowing player to choose between purchasing more cards for a specific element, or more cards for a specific Realm, consisting of different elements.
    I see. This model works good for a lot of games because most people will start playing because it's free and then end up buying because they become addicted . Kingdom of Loathing is one such game, it's 100% free but people can donate to get in-game items, and it actually grew into a company. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonRising View Post
    Thanks man! Once I get my desktop some power I'll definitely start messing around with those. I'll probably take your advice and start with SketchUp.
    Graphic rendering is like video rendering and requires a really powerful PC lol. You should get an otto-core.
    My blog: Diablo 3

Right. We obviously want to be able to reach out to as many people as possible and give them the opportunity to play the game without having to feel a commitment. We are confident our game mechanics will keep players interested in continuing to play.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGateKeeper View Post
    What do you expect? That people spend a lot of hours doing something with no return? I think you should be glad they offered a free version and not complain that it's not the full version.
    I completely agree.
    However, a little deceitful to say it is free.

Thread Information