Default Total Distortion

Has anyone ever played this game? I used to loooooove it.... now it won't run on my computer

I've heard of it but never played it.

Another problem with upgraded technology, it leaves the old stuff behind I have the same issue with the original Counter Strike, so I'm glad CS GO came out last August.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Yupp And I can't even just change compatibility with it or anything.... just won't be able to play it ever again :*(

Try running Windows Virtual Machine and Windows XP mode, you might be able to run it there.

That's what I do at work for programs that are too old to run on Win7. Works like a charm. Never tried any games though.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

That's a good idea. Hubby suggested dual booting XP from my comp. Might try that as well. Or I could suggest to GOG to do the game for me :P

I dual boot with XP as well, but I haven't been on my XP side in months because I find XP mode easier to switch back and forth quickly. And Windows 7 has gotten so much better in the past couple of years, almost everything works here now (minus the olden days stuff of course).

Is dual booting hard to do? I should check it out. Honestly, I was really surprised when I couldn't get it to work in compatibility mode. I figured I'd have no problems :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Is dual booting hard to do? I should check it out. Honestly, I was really surprised when I couldn't get it to work in compatibility mode. I figured I'd have no problems :/
    Compatibility mode doesn't always work for some reason, I've had issues with that.

And dual booting isn't hard at all, you just need to set up a partition on your hard drive (which is easy to do in win7) and just install it there.

You'll have to then edit the bootmanager so that you have an option to choose the OS during boot. There are programs that do this for you easily.

Sounds like a lot of work, but all the manual stuff is very little work. And tons of tutorials online. I never remember all the steps by heart so I usually have to google it to make sure I have it all done right.

Ah, ok. I'm pretty sure I know exactly how to go about doing that. And if not, the power of the internet is awesome haha

Funny thing is, I've still got my PC from my high school sitting at my gpas house. I'm contemplating just taking it and using to play old school games on :P

Thread Information