Thread: Half-Life 2

Default Half-Life 2

who here has played this game? its a really good shooter, awsome graphics, great storyline, all around an awsome game. post what ya think or if you have questions.

Default Re: Half-Life 2

I played the demo of it (the demo file is HUGE! like 5gb+). I liked it a lot, but unfortunately I dont have a GFX card good enough to support it gracefully. I would buy it if I had the equpment to back it up, cause I want it to look good to play it lol.

Whats funny is that I have a 64 MB GFX card, and somehow, I can actually still run games like HL2 and Doom 3 pretty well, just on lower GFX settings... it runs better on my comp than some of my friends that have 128MB+cards.

But I liked the fact taht you can just pick up ANYTHING in the game and use it as a weapon or throw it at friendlys lol... the gravity gun was BADASS too...
    sh*t happens when you party naked.

my computers graphics card is a also not up to what it needs to be, so it lags. i ended up uninstaling it because of the lag. how do you adjust the graphics settings, on the card itself or in game?

I well HL2 does a pretty good job of recognizing where the in-game settings need to be. I adjusted a few of my GFX card settings itself, but really theres not much I can do with a 64mb Card
    sh*t happens when you party naked.

i have no idea what my graphics card is, sadly. every time i loaded it, it said that the graphics card is not up to date, and that this may result in the game not functioning properly. its wierd, i can't hear some of teh talk so i had to activate the captions. but, o well.

i played it, i played the whole game but i had the demo in my computer, it is a huge file, i had the trial version where they were running that contest lol, the 5 people with the best ratio at the end of the month or something got some monetary prize -- i couldnt play enough to get a good ratio, i think the number one winner had around 60,000 kills and 2,000 deaths, half life isnt my game lol, i just stick to cs, i still have half life 1 in my comp, dont play it
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I've played the demo for this. Pretty fun game. The gravity gun thing is fun Shooting garbage cans and wut not at creatures to kill them

Quote Originally Posted by aosmallan
    But I liked the fact taht you can just pick up ANYTHING in the game and use it as a weapon or throw it at friendlys lol... the gravity gun was BADASS too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake14
    The gravity gun thing is fun Shooting garbage cans and wut not at creatures to kill them
    i agree with both of ya. this is a favorite of mine. in Half-Life Episode 2, you get another gun, tho i can't remember the name, lol. but u make portals with it. and jump through them. the video for it gets insane!!...too bad i can't find it...

Thread Information