Thread: ...

Default ...

Okay. I bought CS:S and GMod. I downloaded them and all, and it all went fine. i go to play them, click the launch button n stuff, and steam pops up saying loading game.

That screen dissapears, and then you can see the shadow of the menu of the game, but then it minimizes to the tray and dissapears? I dunno what is goin on, does anybody else?

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

do you meet the minimum requirements for the game?

and you may have to reinstall steam - cuz if it minimizes to the tray it should stay there mine is on right now

wait first....how did you buy css and gmod? through steam?
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Yeah I bought it through steam

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

did it download through the steam window?

and did you double click on the game to start it up? and is that when steam minimizes and disappears?

if yes then you may have to reinstall - you wont believe how many things it can fix lol, i've reinstalled like 3 times on this pc to fix stupid problems like game start up problems, update problems, etc..
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

alright ill try reinstalling quick

Does the same thing. Steam itself doesnt dissapear, the game itself does. Like I double click the game, then steam pops up "loading game" or whatever it says. After a little bit, that window dissapears and then it loads for a bit. The game pops up for like a second, minimizes itself, then dissapears
    Last edited by LiNuX; 06-21-2008 at 04:54 PM.

hm..do you meet the minimum computer hardware requirements?

if the game starts for just a few seconds, see if you can go into options and changing the video options to open in window instead of a full screen version - i had problems with full screen on my old computer so i always played on window, i still do lol, got used to it

our cs server has 6 people in there now, could have enjoyed it lol

Eh ill play with it 2morro, im heading out to go watch the races in a bit. It doesnt open a fullscreen, just a mini screen, then minimizes and dissapears

Thread Information