Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Re: July 19th Downtime

Our server experienced technical issues early Thursday morning which made the server inaccessible. I had no access due to the physical server being down. After the Datacenter tried to fix the issue all day, it was decided that we move to a new server. So for the past few hours the forum was moved to a new server and so far everything is stable.

You may notice lag here and there for the next day as I run some tests and work on the backend of the new server. No data was lost in the downtime.

Sorry for any inconvenience, it was a big headache for me as well all day long but I am glad that it is resolved for now.

If you have any questions regarding the downtime, please feel free to use this thread to ask. Thanks for your patience!

~LiNuX
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Ok, I see.

First I thought it was just me having problems coming in(it has happened before).

The worst day for me for it to happen. My gaming computer, I f'd it up clearing our me registry and I deleted the registry that saves the location of desktop icons when you turn off or restart the computer. I thought it would just come back, apparently it didn't, and I couldn't find a way to fix it so I just reformatted my PC.

So I just had my crappy laptop and no forum to go on all day, glad it's back up now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    Ok, I see.

First I thought it was just me having problems coming in(it has happened before).
    At first I thought it was just a glitch on my monitor because I received just one message, usually I get bombarded with it with a new message every 5 minutes. This was our first major downtime in a year. The last actual downtime was before we moved to the server (I'm not counting any of the times I had to take the server down myself for upgrades since they were all scheduled).

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    The worst day for me for it to happen. My gaming computer, I f'd it up clearing our me registry and I deleted the registry that saves the location of desktop icons when you turn off or restart the computer. I thought it would just come back, apparently it didn't, and I couldn't find a way to fix it so I just reformatted my PC.

So I just had my crappy laptop and no forum to go on all day, glad it's back up now at least.
    Ah I had plans to finish other work yesterday and actually focus on my job for a big meeting I had to go to. I was so out of focus yesterday and I don't even remember what I said in the meeting now.

I was up for 24 hours straight yesterday (4am to 4am) dealing with the issue. Kept in constant contact with the Datacenter. I think I bugged them a little too much because they offered me a new server out of the blue.

But thank you Ubiquity Servers for actually doing that, most other providers would just stay on trying to fix a broken server.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

The things you do for us Linux, most admins would put it off to the side until they had time to deal with it. Not you though, shows you care a lot about us.

Thought it was just my phone acting up again
    Anyway thanks for bugging those datacenter people for us. I really appreciate the work you do for this server and perhaps I will see if I can scrounge up some money to donate

I was wondering what happened! I was skurred the site was down.... *gasps* forever :O

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I was wondering what happened! I was skurred the site was down.... *gasps* forever :O
    Never!

The most downtime we had was back in 2007 where the site was down for a week because the server was really screwed up. If we didn't shut down then, we aren't going to shut down now Not with the forum's 6th birthday coming up.

Ohhhh, 6 years? That's awesome. Something celebratory is in order

I almost died! I had nothing to do at work!!!! Glad you got everything sorted out Master!!!!

Thread Information