Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xbox Live Raises Prices.

So I got an e-mail today....

Xbox is changing their prices...

12 year membership is going from $49.99 up to $59.99
    3 month membership is going from $19.99 up to $24.99
    and the 1 month membership is going from $7.99-$9.99

Here's a copy of the e-mail they sent me...

Dear MHarris428:

Thank you for being a valued member of Xbox LIVE Gold. We hope you are enjoying the many exciting and exclusive features that are included in your membership. We wanted to let you know about an upcoming price increase for your Xbox LIVE Gold subscription and how you can lock in your current price to continue enjoying everything you've come to love about Xbox LIVE, plus all the upcoming additions including ESPN and Hulu Plus.

Over the past seven years, Xbox LIVE has evolved from an online gaming platform to an all-in-one gaming and entertainment service. As an Xbox LIVE Gold member, you can not only play blockbuster games, such as Halo: Reach with your friends online, you can also stream movies from Netflix* and music from Last.fm right to your TV. You can even connect with friends near and far on Facebook® and Twitter™. Plus, you also enjoy exclusive discounts and early access to game demos.

And we aren't even close to being done. This holiday, Xbox LIVE is adding new Gold features, including ESPN and Video Kinect, with Hulu Plus coming on Xbox LIVE in 2011.

• With ESPN on Xbox LIVE, you can stream and watch over 3,500 live and on-demand sporting events plus highlights.*

• Video Kinect allows you to chat with family and friends on the big screen, right from the comfort of your living room—no headset or controller required.*

• With Hulu Plus on Xbox LIVE you will be able to enjoy a customized Hulu Plus experience that will include Kinect navigation and Xbox LIVE Parties*

Besides launching the new features and titles, we will also be increasing the price of Gold membership on November 1, 2010.

12 year membership is going from $49.99 up to $59.99
    thats not bad!

But this sucks...

They make enough money as is. Why dont they lower the price? God forbid people take .001% pay cut to save us some cash

Typo in the email? Otherwise as joker stated, not bad for a 12 year membership.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    Typo in the email? Otherwise as joker stated, not bad for a 12 year membership.
    Yeah I only skimmed the e-mail and went straight to the prices.... lol

i mean it sucks but its still affordable i mean hell it is only 10 dollars i can go without dinner for one day a year to afford the increase

But over in Saudi I can't really use last fm and many other features because they aren't supported in that area, so why should I pay more? On the other hand it says 2011 ... in which I will hopefully move to the U.S :P
    Losing Is Not An Option.

Check out my Tumblr CarsndMore

PS3 is better

Still, 10 bucks isn't that much difference

it isn't that big of a difference
    thats 5 dollars a month instead of 4
    but ughh I hate how they are raising the price
    ugh.

made by Th3-Devils-Princess
    Joe Mauer is the best catcher

Microsoft is a soulless collection of villains. Doing this right as Halo reach comes out is calculated consumer rape.

Unless I get ESPN for free (about as likely as dili choosing me over muffincat) this sucks. Hulu is already free, and you just know netflix isnt going to want that kind of competition, so thats probably going to cost money to.

Its a 12month membership, not a 12 year one. I have the yearly subscription.

Netflix isnt free, thats another bill on top of Xbox live, on top of your internet bill. And they probably arent adding anything for free either. This is basically them saying "we are charging you more money to offer you more options to pay for".

PSN is free, you can play games online with friends without a subscription on top of your internet bill. Same with Wii games, though monster hunter has been the only game I have played a lot online with friends, its still free. And of course if you already have the internet most PC games (excluding MMO p2p) are free.

anyone else feel like pirating reach suddenly?
    Last edited by BobTD; 08-31-2010 at 01:51 AM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    anyone else feel like pirating reach suddenly?
    No.... I don't think it's that huge of a price raise. And you're over reacting and being dramatic. It's only $10. Less than a dollar a month, and it still averages at $5 a month. Not to mention they are offering existing members the option to continue at their current rate, with an additional $20 for a year. So you'd get Live for $39.99.

Xbox Discount

Thread Information