Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PC Turns Off

You know, my computer is 2 years old and it is awesome.
    It can run tons of brand new games at full speed, and it's 2 years old.

But yea, I'd do what everyone said.
    I still like my advice though.
    I think the Barrel Roll will help.
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    his pc doesn't sound new at all. but you can't tell without getting names and models of parts - the 8600 vid card is pretty old - I have it, almost 2 years old now

another possibility is a motherboard problem - the heat could be triggering the motherboard to reset and resetting the motherboard like that is never good. any idea on what kind of mobo you have?

imo, the mobo is the worst thing to change - you have to remove everything which is annoying...

otherwise play on another computer...cheapest and best solution (assuming you have other computers in the house)
    Owned @ Jacob. Lol.

And Linux was the one to say it was probably a heating problem, in which it's the first thing I thought of when he said it just Shuts Off. That's what the system is programmed to do, to save the parts from combusting one of the little pieces on the Mobo. If one of those little conductors blows, it's over.

And the mobo isn't terrible to replace, just time consuming.
    A+ is cake.

Ok ive got that prog and ran it and couldnt understand a damn thing :P it shows a uppointing red arrow on Temp1 and its 45 C, Fire flame on temp and its 54 c, Also fire flame on one of cores and 54 c. Is it bad or what???:P I Dont know :shame: Sorry to boither you people but :P I ve even uploaded the printscr of it but the page wont let me to add to my post cs i dont have more then 10 yet.

45c and 54c are pretty normal - I'm around that right now - although it says my GPU is at 87C which is very not normal....and it doesn't sound right since my card would have fried a long time ago at that temp lol.

but in your case, doesn't sound like an overheating problem (I believe temp2 is mobo but I'm not sure, haven't used speedfan too much) - could be a driver issue that messes up and tells the computer its a huge error so it just resets.

and i don't think speedfan shows RAM temp...that could be another issue

you could try to open task manager and see how much ram the Games consume - if it just keeps on raising it without refreshing them it could overload the ram and without working ram, the computer wouldn't function so it would shut off too. just another possibility.

and do you know if your ram cards have heat spreaders?
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Ok i took a pic of the SpeedFan and ill put the link when Ill be abble to add link to my posts, I need to post over 10 and then ill be abble to ad link and shjow you people the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Appolo Jupiter View Post
    Ok i took a pic of the SpeedFan and ill put the link when Ill be abble to add link to my posts, I need to post over 10 and then ill be abble to ad link and shjow you people the results.
    just use the attachment feature. it should let you post that (I don't even remember my own settings for attachments, people barely use them)
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

It could be sever things. Your power supply might be to little to power what you need, see what the wattage and volts are and see what wattage and volts your using.
    Your processor could be to OCed (not sure if its even OCed) you could try to down clock it a few Hertz. Google CPUZ get CPUZ and the MonitorHW program.

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Your processor could be to OCed (not sure if its even OCed) you could try to down clock it a few Hertz. Google CPUZ get CPUZ and the MonitorHW program.
    The only thing is to Over Clock his processor, he'd have to do it himself. Which I doubt he did, because he hasn't mentioned it.
    It is a good point though, Over Clock too much and it'll shut down, but unless he OC'd it, I doubt it can do it on its own.
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

you can down-clock the CPU through BIOS easily. but I doubt that the CPU OC is the problem

and I doubt it's a PSU problem - his power source most likely would have shorted out if it was overpowered and was forced to reset the connection

and like I said - use task manager to look at CPU and RAM consumption during the games - they could narrow down your problem source.

Default Idea :P

Well ive got new idea bout heating, could it be the fan slow down and a summer heat affect cs it really hot here, its over 45 C(113f) and plus im on the top floor of my house and its even hotter here it could be 47C, its hot like hell. Could that be the reason??? I never had such problem with the PC in winter or fall, it turnes off since this summer so. Or this is senseless

Thread Information