Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default worlds strongest magnets?

KJ Magnetics - Products

1200lbs of pull force is crazy. if they where lined up -- or ++ you could levitate 200lbs over 4 inches.

I'm thinking practical applications like a super dense hard drive the size of an xbox here.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Hell, I'd say make cars fly with it...Magnetize every road and make opposite pole barriers to keep the car up. We'd be traveling at Mac 5 to go to work, and Mac 10 when we're late for said work.
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

Hell, I'd say make cars fly with it...Magnetize every road and make opposite pole barriers to keep the car up. We'd be traveling at Mac 5 to go to work, and Mac 10 when we're late for said work.
    If only they could make that possible without the car just completely flipping over.

Well it IS possible to get a stable shape for that purpose, but traveling with mach 5 on ground would be kinda iffy with all the air resistance you'd get... and all the pedestrian guts slowing you down if you don't manage to break at the next red light.

I think i'd rather use this thing to kill someone... I mean what else do you want to do with this hunk of gravitational singularity? Glue two cars together on april fools day?
    Seriously you could attach this thing underneath some dudes car and he'd be collecting every manhole cover in the neighborhood.

"Those creatures are like Butterflies. Except that they don't fly, and they're really ugly. And they have a lettuce stuck right in their throats. Actually, they're nothing like Butterflies. But they make cocoons... like Butterflies."

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Well it IS possible to get a stable shape for that purpose, but traveling with mach 5 on ground would be kinda iffy with all the air resistance you'd get... and all the pedestrian guts slowing you down if you don't manage to break at the next red light.

I think i'd rather use this thing to kill someone... I mean what else do you want to do with this hunk of gravitational singularity? Glue two cars together on april fools day?
    Seriously you could attach this thing underneath some dudes car and he'd be collecting every manhole cover in the neighborhood.
    Actually with two magnets im pretty sure it has enough pull that two cars driving away from each other would not break free.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

BTW in my opinion magnets could make the travel safer. Each car could have a strong magnet in the front and when it comes to a collision, both cars would lose momentum much slower because it would start even before they hit head on, and so the forces were lower and the collision wouldn't hurt so much. OK I'm not gonna win Nobel but...

edit: I forgot to mention that it would need two magnets in each cars so that we can use the opposite forces based on that they are towards each other...
    Last edited by GamingWeston; 06-18-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by GamingWeston View Post
    BTW in my opinion magnets could make the travel safer. Each car could have a strong magnet in the front and when it comes to a collision, both cars would lose momentum much slower because it would start even before they hit head on, and so the forces were lower and the collision wouldn't hurt so much. OK I'm not gonna win Nobel but...

edit: I forgot to mention that it would need two magnets in each cars so that we can use the opposite forces based on that they are towards each other...
    One just has to remember not to park in front of a computer store. :P

Sig. by Psychotray

Quote Originally Posted by Exentenzed View Post
    One just has to remember not to park in front of a computer store. :P
    Hahaha I didn't say that I mapped out every detail of my plan

That's how we make hover cars :D
    "Tonight make me unstoppable, and I will outshine all..."
    *Sig made by Psychotray

I want a hover car.

Thread Information