Threaded View

Exclamation My First Heroscape Tournament!

None of the images are mine. I found them all on Google.
    For those of you who don't know, Heroscape is a figure-based, table top, board game (of sorts).

Basically, there are a few dozen (( literally ) closer to like 50+ ) characters / squads to pick from.
    * Each character (unique) or group (squad) is assigned a point value. The better the character, the higher the point value.
    * Each team (we played a 2 on 2), is allotted [ X ] amount of points. A 1 on 1 is usually around 500 points per side. Our 2 on 2 was 600 for both teams.

So, the map is set up by little hexagon squares and each map is pre-built for the tourney, so everyone knows what to expect and play on.

And basic rules apply, however each character has different move, attack, abilities, defense, size-requirements, and range (shooting or adjacent).

Rules like:

Line of Sight apply.
    If you can't see your enemy, you cant hit them.

Height Restraint.
    If you're 5 hexes up and the unit "adjacent" to you, is on 1 hex, and it's a Small 3 unit, -- you're not adjacent, because the unit isn't tall enough to hit. (Unless you can shoot, lol.)

High Ground.
    If you're on Hex 2 and someone's on Hex 1 -- you have height. Which means +1 Attack / +1 Defense.

Glyphs.
    These are little face-down tokens on the board. When you reach them, and remain ON them, they give you whatever enchantment is on the bottom. +1 Attack, +8 Initiative, +2 Move, +1 Defense -- is random.

So.

My cousin's boyfriend, Karl, asks me about three weeks ago to join up in this tournament with him. So I'm like, Eh! What the hell! how bad / good could it be! lol. So, over the past three weeks, we've met up about 3 times to play out the game and see which units and teams we like.

So!

We're in the tournament, all day; Noon to about 7pm. Hour long matches. 32 players. 16 teams.

First Match: I'm not rolling very well, and I'm a bit nervous because I don't wanna let Karl down. We play against a father-son combo and eventually, crush them by about 90 points.

Each team is 600 points. So, if you have 2 squads of 40 (80), one of 50 (130), and a 110 (240) - you can throw in a 60, for 300 a piece.

Well, if an entire squad is killed, or a unique (like a dragon or hero), then those points are lost and subtracted.

The team with the most points left over at the end, wins the round.
    Second Match: We played against this douche bag from Eastern Illinois. (Drove to Kansas City, lol.) He played with a really vicious squad, ONLY IF YOU CAN ROLL GOOD on a 20D.

He didn't.

They're called dividers. They can split up and LIVE.
    Say I kill him. He rolls a 20D. 17 or higher, the character actually LIVES, -AND- Cell Divides to bring in a previously killed character. Thus, possibly bringing squads back.

So, we slaughter them. He has 10 of these Dividers - he had 10 whiffs (horrible misses). Didn't divide ONCE in the game. Lol. His teammate was a nice kid, but his dice were as Cold As Ice and he didn't do good.
    Crushed them too.

Match Three: These guys were fun. Our first REAL competition, and they actually beat us. I fouled up really hard and did a stupid move, and it ended up costing us the win, -I think-. Karl says otherwise, but I botched it badly.

Anyways, it was an excellently played and worked match.

Match Four & Game: This was a little unnerving in the beginning, cause I thought they would have rolled us hard with their picks, but it just goes to show -- bigger units, doesn't mean better units.

If your dice are cold, you lose. End of the Story.

So, it's a brother-sister combo. Both have large, VERY powerful units, but they're outnumbered about 3 to 1.

Long story short. Dragon on Dragon action is hot, but when it's Ice Vs Acid, Acid wins. Lol.
    So her dragon dies, we -HAVE- to keep ours alive to win. He's worth 210 ALONE. O____O;;;
    Kid-brother, whiffs like 3 sets of attacks and our Acid Dragon is safe.

I pull 2 lucky pot-shots on 2 BIG-ASS robots and kill both, since they only had one life left, each.

Then-- Hysterical Part... I feel so bad about this.

Karl says - we have 10 minutes left. We need to kill the LAST squad on the board, on their team to get enough points to win.

So, I says Okay!

I can only move 3 guys.
    I only have to kill 3 guys.
    All three moved guys, have a 1 time chance.
    He has 4 defense dice.
    I have 3 attack dice.

(Each Dice has 6 sides: 3 skulls, 2 shields, 1 blank)
    The units I'm using have a Special Attack.
    I roll my D20. I get an 18.
    I add +1 attack to my dice. Lolol.

I roll - first roll: 4 SKULLS.
    He dies.

I roll - second roll: 2 Skulls.
    He rolls 1 Shield. He dies.

I roll - third roll: 4 SKULLS!
    Unheard of. He dies. We win.

So you're asking yourself now -- You said there was a hysterical part and you felt bad about something.

We tallied up the points afterward...

I didn't have to kill the last 3 guys.
    We'd already won.

Lmfao. We just brutalized them, demoralized them, and sent them on a 3 hour trip back home to Omaha, NE.

X___D!! lolol.

So.

We went 3 and 1.
    We ended in 3rd out of 16.
    I GET A TROPHY! Lol. And I won a booster pack of Hero Figures. <3 <3

The end!

Last edited by Exodyus; 07-11-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Thread Information