Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

im still debating whether or not to waste 60 dollars on this, the CoD franchise has been going downhill fast, idk ill have to see some pretty sweet stuff to get this one

This stuff has been around for some time now... hmmm

Anyway it doesn't look like a 2011 game... it'd be time they pushed the graphics a little higher. UnrealEngine 3 maybe? Or CryEngine 3 for all that matters. Seriously. Game looks the same since W@W... everything is just a big palette swap.

Oh but what do I know, as long as it's closer to MW2 than BO I'm happy and will probably be stupid enough to buy it on day one and wait a month for fixes... =/

"Those creatures are like Butterflies. Except that they don't fly, and they're really ugly. And they have a lettuce stuck right in their throats. Actually, they're nothing like Butterflies. But they make cocoons... like Butterflies."

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Game looks the same since W@W
    There has been no significant change in visuals since Call of Duty 4, to be fair!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    There has been no significant change in visuals since Call of Duty 4, to be fair!
    To be fair Call of Duty 4 was the best in the series

Quote Originally Posted by SiC TwiSteD View Post
    To be fair Call of Duty 4 was the best in the series
    You're not wrong there, as Call of Duty 4 was definitely the prime game of the franchise, the pinnacle. Now it's taking a long and drawn out slide, down a slippery slope of fail, to end up in a pool of WTFWENTWRONGLOL.

You're not wrong there, as Call of Duty 4 was definitely the prime game of the franchise, the pinnacle. Now it's taking a long and drawn out slide, down a slippery slope of fail, to end up in a pool of WTFWENTWRONGLOL.
    To answer what went wrong all you need is one word... Treyarch, they haven't made a good CoD EVER, i absolutely hate every installation of the series that they make, ill just stick with the Modern Warfare branch of CoD but only if this game looks good, so far im very skeptical but then again ive got three games preordered that are coming out right around when this is launching, Gears of War 3, Dark Souls, and Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Look Jayhmmz i agree with you 100% that Activision sucks, but i can't follow the BFBC series i'm only getting it because a NEW company is makin it Raven. And if they do great then Activision better fire Treyarch for makin a flaming piece of $|-|!+ of a game WaW was awesome but BO no.
    Raven isn't really much to be excited about.. all the multiplayer stuff they've done has been utterly horrible. Their last two solitary games flopped pretty bad, too.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Quote Originally Posted by SiC TwiSteD View Post
    Treyarch, they haven't made a good CoD EVER
    Although World at War wasn't to everyone's taste, it was a good game. Campaign was good fun and the Multiplayer had longevity, without it getting tiring. It was a bonus for me too, as I am a complete WW2 history freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    Raven isn't really much to be excited about.. all the multiplayer stuff they've done has been utterly horrible. Their last two solitary games flopped pretty bad, too.
    Oh joy. It makes it even worse that two developers are working on their own half of the game... it's like they're not working together throughout the development, then they're going to glue two pieces together and hope that it fits.

What Call of Duty needs is to start opening Beta testing windows, like EPIC have done with Gears of War 3 - I bet that game will be sweet, seeing as it's already amazing (having played the Beta) and they have all of this time now up until the release date to perfect it, based on gamer feedback.

Oh joy. It makes it even worse that two developers are working on their own half of the game... it's like they're not working together throughout the development, then they're going to glue two pieces together and hope that it fits.

What Call of Duty needs is to start opening Beta testing windows, like EPIC have done with Gears of War 3 - I bet that game will be sweet, seeing as it's already amazing (having played the Beta) and they have all of this time now up until the release date to perfect it, based on gamer feedback.
    WaW did have a beta, but that was the only one.

And for some standing point, here's what Raven's done so far:
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (2006)
    Wolfenstein (2009)
    Singularity (2010)
    Black Ops: Call of the Dead (2011)
    Last edited by Ilyich Valken; 05-18-2011 at 08:08 PM.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    WaW did have a beta, but that was the only one.
    Indeed they did, but when I said Call of Duty, I meant the games that are yet to be released; I should have specified.

Thread Information