Threaded View

Bitterking, interesting signature! The frosting effect goes really well with the focal (Duh lol) and it's not too flashy, pretty simple, and it really worked out in this case. The text kinda distracts from the focal though, and the font doesn't fit too well. I cool idea would be to add some icicles to the bottom of the text, or have it etched into the ice/frost in the front. I also like your subtle border. It's there, but it doesn't stand out. Very nice.

Egw, big improvement!
    The blurring of the logo creates some nice depth in it, and it causes your focal to stand out. The text is better, that's for sure, but I still kind of think it could use either some blending or something.
    I still try to use this tutorial as a reference every now and then. I'd check it out and read it, it might give you some ideas for text. I like it because it goes over small, hidden text and then larger, flashy text. Both can be made to work, and this kinda helps explain it.
    Other than the text, the only other thing I could say is maybe pick a different render. It might just be my crappy monitor, but it kinda looks stretched horizontally. It's not a bad signature, it's a huge improvement from the last one!

Also, this can be applied for anything and anyone. I know I've hit spots where I have no idea what to do, or I look at my signature and think that it could use something. Never be afraid to look up "Signature Tutorials" in google, you'll find tons and tons of tutorials! And you don't have to follow them 100%, sometimes you just use some effects they show you how to do. They taught me what C4Ds and wireframes are, and where you use them. Granted, I still am not close to perfect, but it showed me another element to add to my signature. It wouldn't hurt to look them up and see some effects and techniques.
    Last edited by Samus-Fan; 08-16-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

Thread Information